1.    #1  
    Is anyone else surprised that the first offering from PalmOne for the 600, updater 1.0, completely ignored the Mac platform?

There are workarounds available... Sprint has said that they will offer in store updates, imageone in this forum has posted the .prc files that can be used to update the 600 from a Mac, and most Mac users probably have access to a PC. But I, for one, am worried that this might be indicative of the support we Mac users might expect from PalmOne in the future.

This is not a Mac vs PC issue, I use both platforms, so please do not turn it into one.

If you, like me, are concerned, please go to customer supprt at the PalmOne site and send them a message. Be nice. I think anything sent to Sprint will fall on deaf ears.
    Originally posted by johnbdh
    If you, like me, are concerned, please go to customer supprt at the PalmOne site and send them a message. Be nice. I think anything sent to Sprint will fall on deaf ears.
    I just sent my note to them! Polite but firm.

Told them I was on their site doing a testimonial for their product, but I'd have to cancel that if I thought that they were no longer supporting the Mac platform.

Grant
    www.throwingtoasters.com
    --
    Visit www.throwingtoasters.com
  3.    #3  
    I got the following reply from Srint. Looks canned to me...
    At this time, the Sprint Treo 600 Updater 1.10 is available only for
    Windows. palmOne is currently researching the possibility of providing a Mac
    version, but it will require Sprint and PalmSource approval. We apologize
    for the inconvenience. In the mean time, please use a Windows computer to
    install the Sprint Treo 600 Updater 1.10.
    I sent the followint in response...
    > palmOne is currently researching the possibility of providing a Mac
    > version, but it will require Sprint and PalmSource approval.

Why not state this on your download page. Mac users are used to waiting for things, but certainly get there hair up when they are outright ignored as if they do not exist.

Of course the real question is what's the big deal. Given how easy it would be to provide, one can only conclude that the reason for the lack of a Mac installer is political in nature and smacks of discrimination against the Mac platform by either PalmOne, Sprint, or both.