Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok. I was using my Treo, then out of no where it blew up in my hand. Now I have second degree burns and part of my Treo severed the top half of my index finger. I called Sprint to complain and ask them to pay for my medical bills, but all they did was tell me to "go f$%k myself". Needless to say I was outraged and now I am missing my index finger. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Don't worry about it. All you need is your thunbs for the keyboard anyway. Hope you had the replacement plan.
    This is my Treo. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Treo is my best freind. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Treo without me is useless. Without my Treo, I am useless......
    Pfft! I'm posting from my Treo right now and I can tell you that this kind of thing would never hap
    It must affected your brain too, cause you are confused.

You must of been using the Kyocera 7135 Smartphone .
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by TreosStink
    Ok. I was using my Treo, then out of no where it blew up in my hand. Now I have second degree burns and part of my Treo severed the top half of my index finger. I called Sprint to complain and ask them to pay for my medical bills, but all they did was tell me to "go f$%k myself". Needless to say I was outraged and now I am missing my index finger. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Ok, i've seen Trolls come onto car sites and such, but a PDA cell phone forum? God, man, get a life!
    Originally posted by Kooldino

Ok, i've seen Trolls come onto car sites and such, but a PDA cell phone forum? God, man, get a life!
    I agree...loser
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by jimmyk001

I agree...loser
    Ok look JIMMYK001 don't you think it's a little rude to call me a loser? Isn't that way out of line... I mean now I'm missing part of my finger...a new phone... and ALOT of medical expenses. The last thing I need is for you to be calling me a loser and some other scum calling me a "Troll". Honestly, I come onto here to ask for serious advice and all you people seem to do is bash me... Can't anyone help a gimp out?
    don't you think it's a little rude to call me a loser?
    You should give him the finger.

Ok look JIMMYK001 don't you think it's a little rude to call me a loser? Isn't that way out of line... I mean now I'm missing part of my finger...a new phone... and ALOT of medical expenses. The last thing I need is for you to be calling me a loser and some other scum calling me a "Troll". Honestly, I come onto here to ask for serious advice and all you people seem to do is bash me... Can't anyone help a gimp out?
    Let's see some pics pretty boy.. of the Treo that is... don't really care to see your pic
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by BostonEmpire

Let's see some pics pretty boy.. of the Treo that is... don't really care to see your pic
    whats the matter? doubt me? ill show you a pic, i just have to take one and i have a little better life than you treo nerds, but give me a day (it's a little hard to work with only 9 fingers)

-pretty boy

whats the matter? doubt me? ill show you a pic, i just have to take one and i have a little better life than you treo nerds, but give me a day (it's a little hard to work with only 9 fingers)

-pretty boy
    Unless you lost a thumb, 1 finger doesnt affect life tasks that much.
    Pete
    Originally posted by PeteEMT

Unless you lost a thumb, 1 finger doesnt affect life tasks that much.
    in NYC it would be hard to go around with only one middle finger.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    It's good to see that your hand is good enought to create a new account and post your first message.

Just be glad you wern't holding this when it exploded.

Hmmm... do I see Purple in there
    I have the world in my Palm
    Originally posted by TreosStink Honestly, I come onto here to ask for serious advice and all you people seem to do is bash me...
    With the name TreosStink you'd have difficulties convincing most people here that you joined this forum for advice and sympathy.
    Nevertheless, just to play the devil's advocate (for pure enjoyment sake): Can the T600 actually blow up? And, assuming (assuming only!) that it can blow up, who should pay the medical bill?
    Gosh, I love this forum
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Originally posted by m00se

<snip>
    ...Can the T600 actually blow up? And, assuming (assuming only!) that it can blow up, who should pay the medical bill?...
    I like to believe anything's possible... Hell, the darn thing could turn into an enormous hairy lizzard that spews flaming fecal matter from every orifice!

Yes, that may seem a bit far fetched but so does having a sixty ton sperm whale randomly explode, blowing its entrails in every direction, right in the middle of a busy street in Taiwan.
    Originally posted by skillllllz
    I like to believe anything's possible... Hell, the darn thing could turn into an enormous hairy lizzard that spews flaming fecal matter from every orifice! Yes, that may seem a bit far fetched but so does having a sixty ton sperm whale randomly explode, blowing its entrails in every direction, right in the middle of a busy street in Taiwan.
    OMG: and you didn't even get to speak to the matter yet
    -Mark Twain
    The most likely to explode element of the Treo is the battery. But even that I doubt would disingrate a finger, cause some shrapnel? maybe.

Electrical components due to their size, when they "blow" are rather unoticeable (except the device may stop working) and certainly wouldnt cause injury in the Treo's normal operation.

Unless your Treo was packed with plastique or gun powder, it exploding in normal operation (if such a thing happened, even that is remote) in your hand wouldnt cause that much phsyical injury.
    Pete
    So to sum it up, the consensus here is that TreosStink's thread is a hoax. No medical bills no lawsuits.
    -Mark Twain
    LOL

the nerver of some people.

good thing it wasn't in your pocket when it exploded........or maybe that could have been a good thing (reproduction)
    Hehehehehehe... I just have this mental picture of a dude in a restaurant typing on his Treo... then... BLAM!!! Shrapnel's flying everywhere, and his finger lands in some lady's soup.

Freakin' hilarious... David Chapelle needs to work that into his show one week. 'The Dangers of Technology!'

Thanks for the laugh, dude.

Oh, and by the way, I hope Sprint pays yer medical bills. America! Land of Lawsuits - God Bless Her!
    Scott
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast