Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OMG! Does anyone know if BargainPDA can be trusted? They have a release date up there and everything. WTF!?

Either someone is a very evil liar, or I'll be waiting yet ANOTHER month for my Tmo T600.
    The rumor about T610 has been floating around here for a while, do a quick search. I find it funny that T-Mobile is just getting ready to ship the T600 soon.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Yeah, I've read all all about the T610 rumors for the last few days. i'm aware that they've been flying around. But this is the first i;ve seen that a site is actually posting the product like it is a reality. they have specs up and a release date and the description compares it to the T600 and dicusses the differences. If I just stumbled upon the site, I would think it already existed.
    Actually all the Treo 610 rumors are based on this same site. Go to google.com and search for Treo 610. All the stories refer to BargainPDA.

Originally posted by MoseGiganticus
    Yeah, I've read all all about the T610 rumors for the last few days. i'm aware that they've been flying around. But this is the first i;ve seen that a site is actually posting the product like it is a reality. they have specs up and a release date and the description compares it to the T600 and dicusses the differences. If I just stumbled upon the site, I would think it already existed.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    yardie, do you think this is some evil plot hatched by BargainPDA... possibly an attempt to try to take over the world?
    huh, if this rumor continues to propagate. . . palmone might actually just go ahead and make good on it. you know the addage "give the people what they want" and if enough want the 610 then it'll be made.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Look at what bargainpda has listed as the screen res "better than 160 x 160"

Wow what an amazing screen.

I have to agree this is all hype about nothing.

Might as well have the release date of 4/1/04.

If this would happen to be true, I for one would be quite upset for forking out the cash I paid for the Treo 600 only to be a ginnea pig when they knew a better one would be coming out so soon. I honestly can't believe they would do that to thier loyal customers. It's not like the Treo 600 is sitting on shelves everywhere.
    Originally posted by hall316
    Look at what bargainpda has listed as the screen res "better than 160 x 160"

Wow what an amazing screen.

I have to agree this is all hype about nothing.

If this would happen to be true, I for one would be quite upset for forking out the cash I paid for the Treo 600 only to be a ginnea pig when they knew a better one would be coming out so soon. I honestly can't believe they would do that to thier loyal customers. It's not like the Treo 600 is sitting on shelves everywhere.
    One thing that's really odd is that if you click on the product details, Bargainpda still lists the display as Reflective CSTN!?

Now excuse my french, but if PalmOne doesn't use a tranflective 320x320 display on this supposed "Treo610", then this will be one of the biggest ****ups of all time imo...just my .02 cents fo course...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Im still not buying it ..I think this is all hogwash.
    Bargainpda.com started this rumor to bring traffect to their site. Notice how there are no details about the T610 They are the 600 details except for the bluetooth & "Better than 160x160"... (So does that mean they will be releasing it as a 161x161?) If it were comming out in 2 months, shoulden't they know the EXACT RESOLUTION of the screen? Notice how the picture is of a GSM T600... They are not reputable at all. I doubt that PalmOne will make a PDA because of rumors floating around the net.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    exactly
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    At least on this page of BargainPDA they say they are skeptical.

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.as...wComments=true

I must emphasize that this is strictly rumor, and I am heartily cynical about the whole business, as I am about any rumor that exactly matches wishlists. That sort of rumor is all too easy to start--one person idly suggests that maybe so-and-so will come out with a version featuring what they want, then the next person takes it as fact and runs with it. I've seen it before.
    Originally posted by hall316

Don't see the relevance of the 4th January this year
    ----------
    The South Pole is at the top of the world.
    Originally posted by Mr_A

Don't see the relevance of the 4th January this year
    I believe that the date he is refering to is in this format mm/dd/yyyy So it would be April 1, 2004. (April Fools!!!)
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Originally posted by Tavisjohn

I believe that the date he is refering to is in this format mm/dd/yyyy So it would be April 1, 2004. (April Fools!!!)
    Sorry Tavis - my message was maybe a bit toooo subtle, where I and a paltry 475 million other people live it is 4th Jan!
    ----------
    The South Pole is at the top of the world.
    Now that palmOne is saying they're possibly going to START shipping T-Mobile TREO 600s in March, I would think a March and/or early April launch of its replacement is highly unlikely, no?
    With all the "connected" people on this board, can't some one get a confirmation one way or another? Quite a few people posting here claim to have a contact @ TMO or Palmone/Handspring. (I do not have a connection, never claimed to have on either) Let's try to get an answer one way or another. I would hate to pre-order my 600 next week just to find out that the 610 is release6-8 weeks later.
    Originally posted by Mr_A

Sorry Tavis - my message was maybe a bit toooo subtle, where I and a paltry 475 million other people live it is 4th Jan!
    I understand that a large ammount of people use the format dd-mm-yyyy I was just pointing out that I believe that this person was most likely using mm-dd-yyyy. (April 1st made more sense than the 4th of Jan) I was not intending to be rude. I apoligize if I came off that way.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    Now that palmOne is saying they're possibly going to START shipping T-Mobile TREO 600s in March, I would think a March and/or early April launch of its replacement is highly unlikely, no?

Where did you hear that March would be the release date? If you call T-Mo and ask they will say it is comming out on Monday Feb 2, 2004.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast