1.    #1  
    How do I get my treo600 to stop playing the "click" sound whenever I hit a button?
    Several options come to mind.

1. Smack your treo really hard on the corner of a table 6 or 7 times.... very effective.
    2. Toss you treo out any window higher than the third floor....also very effective.
    3. Disguise the sound by placing the treo in the bowl and flushing contuniously while you are pressing buttons... effective but you may get wet.
    4. Try reading the manual for tips on silencing systems sounds.....most effective least annoying for those of us who arent too lazy to look something up ourselves. That big book that comes with your phone isn't for whacking yourself in the head.

Your humble servant,

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Haha.. woof you are funny. I believe you can either use the button on top of the Treo to silent or you can go into preferences and turn off sounds.
    http://www.firstadopter.com - where early adopters discuss great stuff first
  4.    #4  
    I know how to make it completely silent (via the switch), and I can do so, but i DON'T want it silent, just don't want that one "tick" noise.

I've been through the options menu a dozen times looking for that damn tick noise.
    oww... my head hurts from stupid.
    prefs - general tab - turn off system sound
    Originally posted by Kooldino
    I know how to make it completely silent (via the switch), and I can do so, but i DON'T want it silent, just don't want that one "tick" noise.

I've been through the options menu a dozen times looking for that damn tick noise.
    I believe Woof already suggested reading the manual, but I'll give you a hint: Try "Prefs."
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by kea423
    prefs - general tab - turn off system sound
    Ok, that got rid of the tick, but will it disable any other sounds as well? Or does "system" sound ONLY mean that tick selection noise?
    This should get rid of the tick noise, any beeps that occur when a warning or error dialog appears, and a few others. Also, any sound that a programmer tells the Treo to play using the System Sound volume will be silenced. Games and actual Alarms use other alarm settings.

Out of the box, I don't think you can enable/disable individual event sounds (a la the Windows Sounds and Audio Control Panel) but I think I've seen some 3rd party utilities, though they may not run under OS 5.