1.    #1  
    Hello roommates
    I know there was a thread similar to this one here before, but my search revealed nothing, so please be patient with me or post the thread's link, or post some feedback. Thanks.
    I used Treo 270 and now I'd like to transfer most applications to my new Treo 600. What is the safest way to this?
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    the easiest way would be to give your treo 600 the same hotsync name that you gave your 270. in this way when you hot synced everything from the 270 would just be dropped into the treo 600.

so just connect the 600 to the hotsync cable and select the name you used for the 270. the only reason this wouldn't work is if you already have things on the 600 that aren't on the 270. particularly sofyware you may have added. if you have appts etc that you want to move...you can import/export them over.

the easiest way though, is to just hotsync the 600 as if it were the 270.

ps...hotsync your old 270 before you do this...just in case, so you have the data on the 270.
    Last edited by southbound747; 01/25/2004 at 12:27 PM.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  3.    #3  
    Thanks a bunch, southbound747!
    I do however hear that if you "dump" all (or most) apps from the T270 (or any older model) into the T600, via synchronization, there is a chance of freezing the T600. I assume that you did not experience any of this.
    -Mark Twain
    no i didn't but i didn't have a lot of added on software on my palm i705 that i wanted to move either. i was more interested in moving the data in my phone and calendar applications. the i705 was a monchrome palm that could do email too but wasn't a phone. the treo 600 is much more powerful so i have many more apps on this now.

well, if it does freeze, you simply do a soft reset and see if that helps. if it doesn't, than you can do a hard reset and start all over again. do you have any hacks on your 270? those might be an issue. hacks and hack managers are a whole other issue. does the 270 use palm os 5. something or is it the earlier 4.1 palm os?i beleive the earlier hacks will not work with palm os5....but i am not sure. you may need to delete those right off the bat.

i have launcher x on my treo. that allows me selectively delete programs. there is a free app the does the same thing something z ...i forgot. anyway, after you hotsync you can try to delete one by one what you think might be troublesome programs until the problem is resolved. if you want when you hotsync you can add them back. moose...you know you can customize the hotsync so either the handheld or the desktop can over-ride...right?
    Last edited by southbound747; 01/25/2004 at 06:49 PM.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  5.    #5  
    Hi and thanks. Yes I am quite familiar with hacks, and I normally disable them prior to installing new apps. And yes, I do know that you can set up overrides. I do have Launcher X as well on my T270 (the T270 is Palm 3.5, by the way). So all-in-all I think that synching the T600 should go smoothly. I do appreciate your feedback, and I will keep you posted on my progress!
    -Mark Twain