1.    #1  
    somehow i dont believe what i see here . there wasn't any warning about the 600 being updated so soon. good thing, i haven't gotten myself the treo600 yet, i'll hang on to my tungstenW until the treo610 is being sold :-))
    How long can you hold your breath?

The Treo "610" is nothing but a rumor, and a poorly supported one at that.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I'm tired of hearing people who are "waiting for the next Treo" Can't you people UNDERSTAND! Handspring is having trouble shipping 600's as it is! Do really think they'll come out with a beefier 600!? NOT A SMART MOVE!
    Stop being such a CHEAP-*** and buy the 600. There's always EBAY when the 610 or whatever comes out. Geez!

--Jano--
  4.    #4  
    Stop being such a CHEAP-*** and buy the 600
    :-) genenvy, i might not have mentioned it, but i am not in the least bit impatient about an updated treo600 coming out because i am pretty happy with the tungstenW (to which i switched after a countless amount of treo180gs) and can be very patient for not only the newer treo version to come out but also wait for the price to sink after the initial excitement immediately after the new gadget is in the market. i just started this thread to make treo enthusiasts aware about a not too unbelievable rumour. who knows, maybe palmone is having problems shipping the treo600 because they actually already decided to sell the treo610 very soon.
    It would seem to me that if there were no short-term plans to launch a 610 then PalmOne would say so. Potential purchasers of the 600 may be waiting for the rumors to be proven true or false before purchasing.
    Last edited by Stone; 01/23/2004 at 09:33 AM.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Good things come to those who CAN wait.
    Palm1 has this to say, "our policy is not to preannounce products". This in response to my email asking whether the rumor is true. Doesn't say yes, doesn't say no...
    So this is one 'zine reporting a rumor reported by another 'zine. That's certainly what I call a reliable source!
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    So this is one 'zine reporting a rumor reported by another 'zine. That's certainly what I call a reliable source!
    Since when a rumor is supposed to be reliable?
    -Mark Twain
    Originally posted by m00se

Since when a rumor is supposed to be reliable?
    hmm. . . I think you missed the extra thick layer of sarcasm on that one. . .

anyway. . .

it really wouldn't surprise me to see a new phone out this soon, heck the computer industry has been known to crank out new products every 6 months, so why can't the smart phone industry?

sure, I own a treo600 and would hate the thought of a new phone comming out so soon. . . but if they do fix my major gripes with the phone, I probably will suck it up and buy it. . . that's capitolism for you.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Originally posted by Tekara
    hmm. . . I think you missed the extra thick layer of sarcasm on that one. . .
    Perhaps. But I think you missed mine as well (which is why I posted that silly link in the first place).
    -Mark Twain
    Originally posted by m00se

Perhaps. But I think you missed mine as well (which is why I posted that silly link in the first place).
    too much sarcasm running around here for just any one person. . .
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

What was the original source of this rumor? Doesn't sound very credible at all.
    http://www.firstadopter.com - where early adopters discuss great stuff first