1.    #1  
    I am having trouble getting a Midi ringtone file I download off the WEB on my desktop INTO my Treo 600..

The manual says I should EMAIL the file to my Treo, but when I try that I get an error msg stating Treo cannot download file type..

Anyone have any suggestions?
    I set up a directory online, then FTP'dthe Midi's to it. Then I used the Treo web browser to access the directory and download them.
  3.    #3  
    Good idea..

Now, how do you go about setting up an online directory?
    If you have webspace anywhere, just ftp to where you would upload your webpage, make a folder, then fill it with files, so if you were on say:

www.example.com

and you made a folder in your www directory titled "treo"

then you went to

www.example.com/treo

you should see a listing of the files in that directory, and be able to download them..

Now that I'm thinking about it, I guess you could also find the files you want, and email the link addresses to your Treo. Once there, you can clik on them, and download that way.

-hope this helps
    If you found that midi file off the web, the easiest way is to just use blazer and point your url to that file. For example,

http://rock.mididb.com/20030518/Webber_Andrew_Lloyd/Phantom_of_the_Opera.mid

It should ask you to open and save the file. I usually download the file to my PC and modify it (make it louder or cut it shorter). I then email it as an attachment to a web email account like fastmail or hotmail and download it from blazer.
    Is there a way to synch it PC --> Treo 600? I thought that was a long way around going to the Net when you already have it in your PC unless that's a limitation.