1.    #1  
    I've owned my Treo 600 for about 3 months now and I have been a faithful treocentral.com forum reader. This is my first post and I'm going to make it a memorable one.

There are a few members who are constaintly complaining about their Treo 600. Claiming... there's no BT, it's not hi-res, no Wifi, etc. Tell me, did HS/Pa1mOne every claim these things? Were you guys duped into buying this product? Were you lied to? NO. We all knew (unless you are a mindless impulse buyer) that this product had no BT, no WIFI, no hi-res, a crappy camera, no drivers for a BT/WIFI SDIO card, and didn't wash your car. This is a capitalistic society and you're given the choice of buying or not buying. What's all this talk about HS/Pa1mOne doing us a disservice or somehow cheating us? Like I said this is a capitalistic society not communism. If the Government came to us and said, "this is a treo 600... it will be your only form of communication" then and only then could you say you were being cheated.

And to all of you cheapskates... I cannot fathom how some one can pay up to $600 for a phone and then **** and moan when you have to pay $10 to license a great software title. If it's not worth your $10 then delete it. If we all cheated software developers then why would they even waste their time fixing bugs are creating new innovative programs? Without people paying where would all the programs you are stealing be?

I love my treo. I've owned a palm VII, Handspring Ice Visor deluxe, Treo 300, Samsung i330, Pal, Tungten T2, Hp 2215 and now a Treo 600 (ain't ebay great?) By far the treo 600 is the best PDA I've ever used and the best phone I've ever used. Integration between both parts is great.

I'm not niave and I know people will have problems, and this is a great place to air that out and get help but let's keep the usual stupid comments to your self... actually I take that back. Please feel free and respond to my post and maybe the moderators will create a new area for your comments about the obvious things the treo doesn't do. Keep posting... but do it in a controlled area so when I'm on the toilet, I'll have something funny and amusing to read.

My 2 cents.

-dan

"Bring on... the clowns..."
    I've come to the conclusion that ignorance has been around longer than the cockroaches and will most likely be around until the sun bursts. I believe intelligent folk should not handicap themselves by tailoring everything they say and do for the sake of the ignorant folk...

If you think about it, it's almost like a parasitic relationship. The "ignorant" being the parasite, sucking the life out of the "intelligent", slowly consuming them. Bottom line is to be aware of where and in whom ignorance lies, step aside, and just keep moving. You cant fix it. It's like a broken record.
  3.    #3  
    I agree. Well put.

-dan
    hs/palm/macs
    treo 600........ innovative......stylish
    enjoy
    good luck
    tommy
    Originally posted by kea423
    I'm not niave
    Oh dear.
    And to all of you cheapskates... I cannot fathom how some one can pay up to $600 for a phone and then **** and moan when you have to pay $10 to license a great software title. If it's not worth your $10 then delete it. If we all cheated software developers then why would they even waste their time fixing bugs are creating new innovative programs? Without people paying where would all the programs you are stealing be?
    Amen brother...I've been meaning to say that for a long time. (And..no...I am not a developer). Thanks for saying it for me.
    Well I think my T600 is great as well.

I saw a Tungsten T3 last night. You can now read documents and spreadsheets as well as I used to on a Psion 3mx many years ago.

Now mate the T3 and the T600 together and you would have a really good machine.

BTW Wot keyboard I use graffiti all the time.

Chas
  8.    #8  
    No offense, I don't understand the context or subject matter of the above post.

-dan
    1. I was agreeing that the Treo 600 is a great machine and that I agree with what you were saying about the people who complain about the quality of the pictures and lack of BT. After all they were not tricked into buy it, as you said.

2. I was just saying also about how good the new T3 was, having just seen one in the flesh, and implying that the only reason I would want to upgrade from the T600 was if it got the bigger screen like the T3.

3. I was commenting on how I use mainly Graffiti. I can not understand why HS did not want me to use it. !!

However :

A. I am not in any hurry to change.

B. No offence taken

Chas
    I agree with your comments (and have made many of the same before), but disagree with one. The Treo600 is neither the best Palm OS device I've used nor the best phone available. But it is DEFINITELY the best combination of the two, and the integration makes up for it's weaknesses.

And Chas: JOT works absolutely perfectly if you want to add graffiti back in. But I installed it as a trial (only 5 days), and barely used it. So I deleted it and reinstalled it for another 5 days. Don't think I used it at all. I thought I would miss grafitti, but I don't at all.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    kae how right you r. some people are professional criers! take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    yeah i guess some people do just want to complain. it is often easier to do that than try to change things. i personally love my treo. i agree with myerweb above that it is neither the best palm nor the best phone, but that it is the best combo out there yet. However, it can still be better. and in the spirit of not complaining but trying to be proactive instead, a few of us are trying to get a new app written for the treo 600 which would make it even better; there is no easy way to select text without taking out the stylus to do it.
    we are trying to get people to commit to buying an app that would allow you to select text with the 5 way nav button and no stylus. if enough people show interest, we may get a developer to write this app. so let's take all the frustration about the complainers....and funnel it into something positive. go here

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t45965/s.html
    Last edited by southbound747; 01/16/2004 at 07:25 PM.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Originally posted by skillllllz
    I've come to the conclusion that ignorance has been around longer than the cockroaches...
    Are you sure about that?

Listen, kea423, constructive criticism is a healthy thing, and I hope most people can accept that even when the critique is about them or an object they dearly like. Democracy breeds freedom (speech included), thank goodness! Perhaps some people criticize (whine) without merit, but if you recognize that then you are ahead of the game anyway.
    Having said that, I love my Treo, my iBook and my iPod -- and anyone who dares to criticize them can kiss my antlers...
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    The problem is that too many people beat a dead horse, so to speak, take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    funny before I read this I started a thread just like this under treo600 hardware
    Its is a good unit i'm glad Someone else feels the same way just try a I330 for a while
    Like I said this is a capitalistic society not communism.
    I assume your capitalistic society includes some basic rights - like free speech? The right to an individual opinion? After all, you were gracious enough to share yours with the rest of us.
    And to all of you cheapskates... I cannot fathom how some one can pay up to $600 for a phone and then **** and moan when you have to pay $10 to license a great software title.
    Well said!
    I'm not niave and I know people will have problems, and this is a great place to air that out and get help but let's keep the usual stupid comments to your self...
    Unfortunately, the subject of your post mightfall under this category as well, so there you have it . . . more bathroom reading.

I think it's great that folks share ALL their opinions on these boards - not just a specified list of positive ones. I suppose everyone should read some specs and immediately know everything they need to know about a product, but sometimes it's nice to hear other's opinions in their own words. How about we let each individual form their own opinions about the Treo based on their own research - and we let folks air their praise and critiques as they see fit?

Kupe
  17.    #17  
    I unserstand people have free speech and CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM is great but these people who complain time and time again about the obvious drive me nuts. This forum is not a place to complain about no BT... its a place to share solutions maybe some new news. BT is something we all knew was not on this treo. For example my only problem is the spacebar auto-answer. I did a search, saw some peoples' solutions and that was that. The auto-answer "feature" is a problem we all noticed after owning the product so we shared our CONTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. Those are problems we should be discussing. That's all I'm saying.

-dan

"F- you... F- you... your'e cool... F- you... I'm out!"