1.    #1  
    I bought my T600 Sprint from Amazon with a promise of a rebate from Sprint. One is supposed to print the Sprint rebate form off of the Amazon website and send it to them. Only half of the form will print. Sprint says they can't send me a form, and I have to get it from Amazon. Amazon doesn't answer emails. Anybody got around this one?
    The forms located on the Amazon website are .jpg files. Try saving them to your hard drive first, then print them. Also, the Sprint form used to be available at Sprint stores. Check with them if you are near one.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3.    #3  
    These download for me as LZZZZZZZ files, whatever those are.
    Windows won't open them.
    Got Sprint locally to fax me a whole one, but it says on it "No photocopies will be accepted." I figure that a form downloaded from the internet is a photocopy, by definition. Will send it in.
    Wish me luck.
    Originally posted by john mickey
    I bought my T600 Sprint from Amazon with a promise of a rebate from Sprint. One is supposed to print the Sprint rebate form off of the Amazon website and send it to them. Only half of the form will print. Sprint says they can't send me a form, and I have to get it from Amazon. Amazon doesn't answer emails. Anybody got around this one?
    I am considering purchasing the 600 and Amazon doesn't even have them in stock currently. The way I handled the rebate form printing problem, after much consternation, was to take it into Adobe Photoshop as a .bmp and resize it there. It worked like a champ. In my mind, the issue about photocopies is one of orginal writing on the printed out copy. Amazon certainly couldn't put up a form that didn't work. I went through something like this with Buy.com recently and they stood behind me 1000%. I can't imagine Amazon wouldn't. BWDIK

avid
    The Sprint Rebate Form on Amazon has this number to call for rebate questions, 800/477-4127. I will give a try later but there probably won't be anyone there on Saturday. If several of us called and reported findings we might actually know the score.
    I know it's extremely bad form to keep replying to myself but I just received a message back from Amazon about the printed rebate form.

"You may print a copy of the rebate forms via the website. These are acceptable forms for submission." I guess that takes care of that issue.

avid
    Originally posted by avid_dk
    I know it's extremely bad form to keep replying to myself but I just received a message back from Amazon about the printed rebate form.

"You may print a copy of the rebate forms via the website. These are acceptable forms for submission." I guess that takes care of that issue.

avid
    Another conundrum: Amazon sez my phone won't ship until AT LEAST late February, yet the deadline given on the website for a Sprint rebate is the 14th thereof. Perplexed, I called someone at the SprintPCS rebate number, and talked to a gent who assured me it was a minor detail and could be ignored. For safety's sake I got his rep #, which was 3069.

Time will tell. I ALMOST hit Cancel on the order when I read this little tidbit, but after that call I guess I won't. I'm completely over T-Mobile's lack of coverage in my area (which would be adequate if the Treo 180's radio weren't so bloody weak) so I need to jump ship or get a dumbphone.
    ...the patron saint of the easily amused...
    Originally posted by avid_dk

I am considering purchasing the 600 and Amazon doesn't even have them in stock currently.

avid
    I read that too on Tuesday 1/20 and bought it anyway expecting to wait a month for my new toy. I recieved my treo 600 yesterday 1/24. I guess they had it in stock afterall
    Originally posted by dredhead

Another conundrum: Amazon sez my phone won't ship until AT LEAST late February, yet the deadline given on the website for a Sprint rebate is the 14th thereof. Perplexed, I called someone at the SprintPCS rebate number, and talked to a gent who assured me it was a minor detail and could be ignored. For safety's sake I got his rep #, which was 3069.

Time will tell. I ALMOST hit Cancel on the order when I read this little tidbit, but after that call I guess I won't. I'm completely over T-Mobile's lack of coverage in my area (which would be adequate if the Treo 180's radio weren't so bloody weak) so I need to jump ship or get a dumbphone.
    I'm having the same issues. I called the rebate number twice and the CSR assured me that the Sprint rebate will be honored even though Amazon sez the ship date will be Feb. 28-Mar. 14.
    I asked for an e-mail confirmation of this and I never got anything back. Then, skeptical, I called twce again, the first time, they said "We're not sure...I don't think so" Then another CSR said, "NO, we must have the rebate back before 2/14. He said if they I don't get the phone by then, then I should call Sprint and ask if they have other or more rebates for the phone"

Now, I'm not so sure and I don't want to take the chance...
    Read the third sentence of paragraph no 2, below:

From http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20

"Here is what you need to know about rebates:

2. All rebates have two deadlines associated with them that are clearly marked on the rebate form: a purchase deadline and a postmark deadline. To qualify for the rebate, you must complete your order on Amazon.com before the purchase deadline. If you don't receive your phone until after the purchase deadline, you will still qualify for the rebate as long as you placed your order before the deadline. Then once you receive your phone, you must mail in the rebate form along with a copy of your sales receipt (and, where required, first month's service plan invoice and copy of the UPC code) before the postmark deadline. If you don't receive your phone until after the postmark deadline, please contact our Cell Phones & Service Help department. The phone cannot be returned once the rebate fulfillment form has been submitted."

I'd suggest printing out the rebate forms at time of order.
    I also bought my Treo 600 from Amazon. On the Sprint rebate form it says photocopies will not be accepted. I emailed Amazon customer service and got this response. Thought I'd share it here for all of you:

From Amazon.com Customer Service
    Thank you for taking the time to write to us at Amazon.com. Please accept our apologies for any concern this may have caused.

You'll be glad to know that you may certainly use the rebate form you downloaded from our web site, even though the instructions indicate only original forms may be used to take advantage of this offer.

Generally speaking, manufacturers understand these situations and make exceptions for Internet-based companies. Many of our customers have been able to use these downloaded rebate forms without incident; as long as a copy of the invoice is included and the instructions are followed, we don't expect that you would have any problems, either.

Please note that you can print an invoice for your order by clicking the "Your Account" link at the top of our web site and then selecting the link to "Print invoices."
    And as another user said: The best way to get a proper print out of the Sprint Rebate form off the Amazon.com web site is to open the picture in your favorite imaging editor and resize it until you can print it correctly. This works fine.

Good luck!
    James Murray
    The LZZZZZZZZZZZ files are .jpg. Or they're supposed to be. If they're not opening for you, rename the extension (if it has one) to .jpg and then it will open for you.

NJK
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.