Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    Used Card Export II to set the T600 up as a USB Hard Drive. I have PDANet installed. I put the PDANet installation software executable on my SD Card.

So now, anytime, anywhere, if someone has a laptop and needs instant wireless connectivity, I plug in my Treo through my USB synch/charger, fire up Card Export, install PDANet, and kablam!

This came in very handy at a conference I was just at where the network when down - a whole bunch of network-less co-workers were suddenly my best friends...
    I got that setup too... worlds best safty net for the treo! (right up there with backupman!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    as a dentist, i use the treo 600 loaded with epocrates to run drug history interactions with my patients to see if any med i may perscribe could interact adversely with anything they may currently be taking - even down to any herbal remedy!

after determining that an antibiotic or pain med does not interact harmfully with the pt's drug regimen, i e-perscribe them the drug using a program called bluefish rx writer. i send a script to their pharmacy wirelessly using my treo 600! epocrates will even let you choose which generic or alternative will be covered or more affordable under their insurance plan! no more pharmacy callbacks! the treo 600 rocks!!!
    Here's the best use for a Treo...

Just had my bachelor party. We went to Montreal. Of course we had some "entertainment" in our hotel suite prior to going out on the town. Well, it turns out we had no music for our "entertainment" to dance to.

Enter the Treo. An enterprising co-worker pulled out his Treo 600 with PTunes and a SD card!!!

Woo-hoo instant party music.

OK, beat that!
    Quote Originally Posted by gkaatz
    Just had my bachelor party. We went to Montreal. Of course we had some "entertainment" in our hotel suite prior to going out on the town. Well, it turns out we had no music for our "entertainment" to dance to.

for your sake, I hope the fiance doesn't find the pictures on the SD card.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    recorded my self singing my 6 month old sons favorite lullaby using SoundRec exported to mp3 and looped it in pTunes to put him to sleep.
    I am a Saltwater Fly-fishing Guide in NY. with my treo I can check the tides for my area with TIdeTool which I got here, recieve email from people looking to book trips, and get back to them faster than anyone else, thus getting much more work, field text messages and calls about more work or details of upcoming trips, take photos of big fish caught and email them to them so they have them when they get home, or on their phones or to prospective clients wondering how the fishing is. check my calendar to see if I am open for whatever day, saty completely on top of what I need for the boat or the buisness, and stay in contact with other guides on the water in voice or sms to be where the best fishing is. I can keep track of my expenses and money made and how people tip for the next time. if they want to book more days at the end of the day I can send them a confimation email immediately. I do this all from the boat and my clients are usually none the wiser, thus when I get off the water I can spend my time with my kids and wife and not doing business stuff. gives me a complete edge on my competitors, and the palmasutra aint bad either.
    First I've got to say that when I first saw the thread I chuckled thinking of how often I use it a flashlight...

Seriously though:
    1. I would never abuse my sprint contract by using pdanet but I'm sure logging in from the highway while my wife is driving down the NJ Turnpike would be pretty cool.
    2. We use it all the time at work on three way calls via speaker phone.
    3. I also like listening to my 256MB memory card with ptunes - that's about 5 hours of music
    4. But my favorite is listening to internet radio via ptunes - you can log right into shoutcast, seach for a genre and be streaming in no time. A few weeks ago I took a cat nap at 7000 feet on a backpacking trip listening to some jazz on www.timhodges.net . I can also plug into my car stereo aux input
    As a change of pace to typically flying on a business trip, I took the train from Chicago to Minn, MN last year. I made conference calls, checked the weather for my arrival, using PdaNet I worked email and surfed the net (like now). All while cruising down the rails at 90 miles per hour (87mph legal limit to be exact).

That was the best business "trip" I've been on. For the same price of a plane ticket I had a private compartment to work/snooze in, visited the bar car, I enjoyed very good filet mignon for dinner, watched a movie on the PC, visited the bar car, worked, played and relaxed. It was great! And I never was out of range of the Sprint network, except for a couple of dead zones in the middle of nowhere.

I did the same again on a short route from Chicago to Ann Arbor, MI in coach class with lots of room and fully connected. Now I will always travel by train if is a practical alternative.
    Last edited by tomfurie; 08/30/2004 at 11:16 PM. Reason: spelling
    For fun & profit & Christ,
    TWF in Chicago
    Well, I would not think they are that cool, especially reading all of the
    things people are able to do......Im just a novice at this, but here are
    the things:

1. Got rid of my pager, pda, and cell phone. Now I have one thing to
    carry around.....it has been reliable.

2. I travel globally and the GSM along with GPRS via TMobile has been
    great.

3. I use WorldMate, to keep up with the weather, time, and currency
    exchange rates.

4. I just bought PocketDVD and MMPlayer, and this is just too cool. On
    my last plane trip (headed for a golf outing) I played the Masters 2001
    DVD, Tigers last win at the Masters.......pump me up to get ready for
    a great round of golf.

5. I use SnapperMail, to get to my email accounts both personal and
    company.

6. Flashlight.....yes I have used it this way.....just like using my TimeX
    Watch with Indeglo at night.....it works too.

7. I use the services from Sweezer.com via my Blazer browser to
    look at websites that are not neccesarily set up for PDA's. Helps
    reduce some of the junk stuff......for my purposes it works great.

8. Ptunes.....Im just learning this and figuring it out, but another cool
    thing to use the Treo with.

Thats it for now,

Rbatusn - out!
    I can't sleep at night without some sort of noise, sooo...I've put an "ocean" MP3 on my card and loop it with Ptunes at night, when the T600 is in the cradle. Sweet! It goes all night and keeps the boogie-man away. Hey, I may be muscley. But I have a sensitive side...
    someone here used the treo as a flashlight and I have to say that it does come handy in dark corners at night I am a photographer and I was taking pictures outside a theatre late at night. The tripod got caught in a crevice on the floor between the tiles and i didn't notice that it took a firm grip on the tripod's rubber shoes. I realised it was missing on my next shot and I went back to try to find it. There was no way I could find it in that light - so I was about to go ask a security guard for a flashlight. None to be found - so I whipped out the treo and after a few sweeps - i found it. however, i think i need to invest in a $10 keychain flashlight
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    I put some Disney rips on my SD card so that my son can watch movies while we are on long drives.

Then I have his favorite nighttime lullaby music on the SD card and I use pTunes to put him to bed while at hotels.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Got lost a couple of weeks ago, late at night. Pulled out my Treo, went to Mapquest, entered the current location and my home address and voila - accurate directions home.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I'm a NYC Police Officer and I've downloaded the Vehicle Traffic Law (VTL) the NYS Penal Law and the Patrol guide all on my Treo, I can easily reference any law or charge in a matter of seconds. I use basic, good ole Memo to record areas where I've received information of drug sales so I know where the dealers are selling their wares.

The other night we responded to a call of an unconcious male. When we got there it turned out to be a heavily intoxicated teen, with no ID on him. None of his friends knew how to contact his home (everyone these days uses cell phones as their direct line, no one knew his actual home phone!) Using my treo I used the directory assist online and managed to locate his father and direct him to the hospital.

Responded to a missing child call, parents had a photo of him, which I copied using the camera on my Treo. We found him hanging out at a McDonalds down the street 15 minutes later, easy comparison using the photo on my treo!

PS I've had my treo for 2 weeks, can't wait till I get the hang of this thing!
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Tonight, someone stopped at the end of our driveway and asked directions to a location in the neighborhood. Sounded familiar but did not know it directly.

Pulled the Treo out of it's holster, keyed in the address into Handmark Express Maps, and sent them on their way with a "right, right, left, right" within 35 seconds.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/10/2005 at 05:50 AM.
    my wife has a treo, too, so we use them all the time as a home intercom, or to find each other in stores, etc.

I use the address book to store little used passwords, furnace filter sizes, all sorts of oddball info.

I regularly pacify the two year old by pulling up pictures using google images. I have 'firetruck' bookmarked.

Similarly, if I am sitting in his room, putting him to sleep reading him a story, or reading to myself, I can do it with the lights out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman
    I'm a NYC Police Officer and I've downloaded the Vehicle Traffic Law (VTL) the NYS Penal Law and the Patrol guide all on my Treo, I can easily reference any law or charge in a matter of seconds. I use basic, good ole Memo to record areas where I've received information of drug sales so I know where the dealers are selling their wares.

The other night we responded to a call of an unconcious male. When we got there it turned out to be a heavily intoxicated teen, with no ID on him. None of his friends knew how to contact his home (everyone these days uses cell phones as their direct line, no one knew his actual home phone!) Using my treo I used the directory assist online and managed to locate his father and direct him to the hospital.

Responded to a missing child call, parents had a photo of him, which I copied using the camera on my Treo. We found him hanging out at a McDonalds down the street 15 minutes later, easy comparison using the photo on my treo!

PS I've had my treo for 2 weeks, can't wait till I get the hang of this thing!

GREAT STUFF !!
    I have a very cool small pocket digital camera, the Canon SD 300, that takes beautiful image quality. More importantly, it also uses the same SD memory card format as the Treo 650. My Canon camera also has a flash, which is important for low light photography, especially since the Treo camera has no flash.

I have my Canon camera set to the desired settings, and also set at a lower jpeg resolution so the file size is reduced to around 300kb (for faster emailing speed), instead of the usual full size 2 or 3mb that the Canon camera produces.

Then I swap out the SD card from the Canon camera, copy and paste the desired image to my Treo 650 internal memory. Then simply attach the desired image to my SnapperMail email application, and send to desired recipients. This really works great!!

Sending a reduced image file roughly 300kb only takes 1 or 2 minutes, whereas sending a large uncompressed file of around 2 or 3mb will easily take several minutes. I have also tried successfully sending 2+ mb of image file sizes, but this simply takes too much time.

Anyway, try this yourself if you have a decent digital camera that uses SD memory cards.
    Sometimes I use my company's mobile portal to review documents in our document management system and follow the workflows on some documents
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456