Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    the coolest thing I have done with my treo 600 was today at work. I love britney spears and was able to bid and win 2 2nd row seats to her concert using my treo 600 while I was at work!!@@****
    Originally posted by stynos
    the best thing is this: when I have a party at my in-laws, I can set an alarm, that sounds just like my phone. I pretend there is someone at the other side talking to me, and get the h*ll out of there, pretending I have a crisis to manage at the office!

Brilliant!
    Absolutely Brilliant! I love these forums because you pick up little tid bits like this. I will definitely use this one!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Watching the kids celebrate Christmas on video using Kinoma and Kinoma Producer on the Treo. A joyful sight to me each time I watch and a show stopper each and every time I share it.

When our daughter was in the hospital after an asthma attack I was able to close my E-bay sale of my old phone (which had just sold) with the Treo away from the laptop and ship the next day because of it. YAY
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Using the main "value add" ability I have, which is "free-time."

I compiled a list of all the "cool things you can do with treo 600" from this thread into one post.

I will continously update it with more "cool things" in the future.

List of Cool Things You Can Do with Treo 600
    Being a volunteer firefighter, my 600 allows me to be notified of a fire call in my town when I am outside of radio coverage, by sending me an email. Further, I can listen to all of the radio traffic in regard to that call using a live audio web stream, monitored by pTunes.

Also, I have a home automation system which has a web interface such that I CAN control my garage doors from Blazer by surfing to the apporpriate web page. Alas, it can't DIRECTLY control said doors via IR or BT, but the result is the same.
    Working smoke detectors save lives.
    Had an accident....

Young guy's car hit me in the back and forced me into the a lady driving in front of me. After a "self-check" that I was not hurt, I got out and started taking pictures using my Treo 600. While I was taking pics of the guy's car that hit me, he got in his car and took off but I did get a pic of his plates. I called state police ( was going to do that anyway). Then called my insurance agent....and sent all pictures right from my Treo to his office. WAY COOL....

The State Police got the guy at his house. And his insurance company had to pay for all three cars....mine...the lady I hit...and his......

My Treo paid for itself with this event alone!!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Had an accident....

Young guy's car hit me in the back and forced me into the a lady driving in front of me. After a "self-check" that I was not hurt, I got out and started taking pictures using my Treo 600. While I was taking pics of the guy's car that hit me, he got in his car and took off but I did get a pic of his plates. I called state police ( was going to do that anyway). Then called my insurance agent....and sent all pictures right from my Treo to his office. WAY COOL....

The State Police got the guy at his house. And his insurance company had to pay for all three cars....mine...the lady I hit...and his......

My Treo paid for itself with this event alone!!!!

IGO
    IGoDwnTwn34,

Great story. You gotta love these things, huh?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Originally posted by treosixoo
    IGoDwnTwn34,

Great story. You gotta love these things, huh?
    YUP..YUP!!

Especially since SPrint now has full text messaging without using their WEb based shortmail. Now it's phone to phone like all other cell carriers. I thought my old T300 was good...this thing continues to blow me outta the water. Especially when I need info from the web!!!!

YA GOTTA GET THIS THING...TREO 600!!

IGO
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Right before christmas, i was directing a play and got the flu during dress rehersal week!
    I was able to email and instant message to coordinate a whole bunch of unfinished buisness without leaving my bed! i think some of my instructions were under the influence of the medication and i didnt know what i was saying half the time,,, but hey the show went well anyway! lol

also past thanksgiving i was at the macys parade in NYC, taking photos and emailing them instantly to my friend in Texas! that was fun
    Valentine's Day: Took my lady to a nice dinner. While there, we decide to see a movie. But what's playing, where, and at what time? No sweat. Pull out the Treo, log into Movies.com, and have an answer in a few minutes.

Cool!
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I'm the network admin at work, and the day that the My-Doom worm hit, I was on vacation. So, here I am in Vegas, and I hear on the morning news about it, so I used VNC to connect to my server, and forced it to do an AV update from Symantec, which in turn farms it out to all of my clients. I then emailed my boss, she thinks that the T600 has paid for itself on that day alone, so I wasn't going to remind her that the attachment was stripped out at the firewall anyway.
    In november I sailed the atlantic as part of the ARC 2003, and just after our 41 foot yacht crossed the start line and we were 5 - 10 NM offshore (ie when there was no going back for 2,700 NM) I used it to take a photo of myself and emailed it to friends and family.

My Treo 600 not just survived the 3 weeks crossing the ocean but with wireless off the battery lasted the whole way across so I lost no data.

Before and after the trip I used it not just to keep in touch and tell the stories of the journey but also keep track of the news I missed - we left the day after England won the rugby world cup and arrived the day Saddam was capture - both events covered in detail on the bbc web site.

So cool.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This was sooo cool that I had to find this lost thread and revive it . We've been getting pounded by nasty thunderstorms all afternoon . I took some lightning pictures using the Treo's camera as the storm blew through. Next, I Googled the local TV station's homepage on my Treo. Then, I found the link to email weather pics to them. Then I used the "new" Mail app to attach and send it to the TV station. This took me about ten minutes from first taking the pic. Meanwhile, lightning is booming all around me .

Check it out:

http://www.nbc4columbus.com/index.html

If it's not my pic on the homepage anymore, click on the "Slideshow: Storm Images: May 21" link. My pic was number 1 in the slideshow. They downsized the image for me . I was also using my Treo to check weather radar as the storms approached.

Woo-Hoo ,
    EdK
    Handspring Treo 600 R.I.P. ...
    Insurance replacement Sprint Treo 755P ...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Very cool EdK!! Took me awhile to find the link but HERE it is.

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I use mine to access my work email on our web-outlook where i can browse all of the subfolders in outlook and our public folders as well. This way i have access to all the email i ever had through the web on my treo. I also like listening to NPR through shoutcast on pocket tunes while using splash shopper to check things off on the grocery list! E-books are nice too, you can get like 1000 classics on 1 cd-rom from the palm bookstore. It's like having a private library on one 512mb card.... Very cool
    drmrw on a treo 600 gprs t-mobile

"One out of 3 people has two people standing next to them..."
    I use Abidia software to monitor, bid, and search Ebay auctions. By being able to search completed auctions while out shopping I have been able to pay for my Treo twice in 1 month. Finally my dream of having a device in my hand that can be connected to the inet full-time has come true. I only use it for inet so have no phone service with T-mobile. $30/month for unlimited vs others that rip you off at $45 or $60 month. Anybody else just use the internet on theirs and have work cell?
    I went to the 40/40 Club last week to watch Game 5 (Lakers vs. Wolves), my crew and I were fortunate enough to be seated in Jay Z's personal seats after he left. When they brought the beverage menu over it was too dark to read so out comes the Treo 600. The ladies in the club already thought we must be VIPs, the Treo trick just fortified that notion. It was a good nite.
    I have an internet cam with a motion detector in my computer room at home (where all my valuable gadgets are). Someone entering trips the motion detector, sending me a text msg. Captured images are automatically uploaded to a remote site. I can access the internet camera directly from the Treo and call whoever needs to respond.
    I use my Treo 600 for e-mail, web browsing, personal finances, listening to MP3s and audible books (Audible.com), scheduling, project planning, playing, etc. But the coolest thing I use it for GPS navigation with Mapopolis and a Haicom receiver (from gpsnow.com). I can go to to any address in the U.S. without directions. It has repeatedly proven itself and if you miss a turn it automatically recalculates your route.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast