Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Treo? I think it is pronounced "iwantone"
    Enquiring minds want to know ...
    Tree-Oh. Whats the issue?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Originally posted by dbouchon
    Hi,

I am French and no, with most works starting with a 'h', there is no liaison and so Treo is pronounced in French 'tray-o'.
    As mentioned already, this would be the same pronounciation as 'tres haut', which not only means 'very high', but also means: 'the Allmighty' ... which is rather appropriate for the T600, right?
    Now that's really funny! Didn't know this, but hey, French isn't my native language. Thx for the explanation, I'm going to impress some colleagues in the office on Monday with my inside French joke
    I say tray-o (like the french) and love it when they squirm!
    Originally posted by Mol

Now that's really funny! Didn't know this, but hey, French isn't my native language. Thx for the explanation, I'm going to impress some colleagues in the office on Monday with my inside French joke
    To further your little French lesson here, it's because while the h is generally a vowel, it depends on whether it is aspiré or not, and in the case of haut, it is, so it's treated as a consonant. Look at the expression "en haut" pronounced like "uh oh."
    Originally posted by winebrat
    I prefer my Tree-Ho
    Fo Shizzel, Winbrizzel !!!!
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Winebrat...LOVE that ICON you are using, it this shiznit. DId you make it your self? Sweet!, Matt
    Thanks! Yes, I did make it. I modified a portion of the Nokia Sugar Bowl "Ultimate Bling" promotion, and of course added the Tree-Ho (which I'm sure Snoop would prefer to that dinky Nokia he WAS holding).
    Treo refers probably to three people who work developing that phone.. We should ask them why they called it like that.
    Damn French. :-P

I say "trey - oh"
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Finally . . . ! This might be the greatest thread in the history of this board. I had my Tree-O 300, Tray-O 300, whatever . . . since the day it came out. Same for the 600. And I've spent way, way too much of my time and money on this product line for the past three years, yet I have never had a clue as to how to pronounce it. I'm soooo happy that I am not alone here.

You've all made my day.

David
    With all this baby does for me....she be my TREE HO.

Word.
    Originally posted by thppfft
    It is a PDA, Phone, and Internet, thus "a group or set of three". That also explains the numbering e.g. 90, 180, 270, 300, 600, which are all multiples of 3.
    So all the rumours about the T610 are quite obviously nonsense. However, have you heard about the T900 that's about to......
    ----------
    The South Pole is at the top of the world.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12