1.    #1  
    Ok....I finally had time to put my new G2 screen protectors on my Treo 600. I might be stupid...but that was a real trip...trying to put that on. Trying to get all the dust off....my God. I have never had such a hard time getting a screen protector on a handhled. My order came with maybe 6 of them. I wasted 5 screwing up. (But what doesn't have a learning curve?) Having said that, I finally got it right and am happy. It is really clear...the screen

My problem....it gets greasy from my finger really quick. It has been on 2 days.

Here is my question: What do people use to clean it on a daily basis? The stuff like "brain wash" is a fortune and I think not necessary on a daily basis. Will windex on a kleenex damage it?
    Last edited by southbound747; 01/06/2004 at 10:33 PM.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    I breath heavily on the screen and use a lens cleaning cloth. That's exactly what the instructions suggested to get the lens itself clean before putting on the G2.

I keep a lens cloth in my car as well at the house.

Good Luck
  3.    #3  
    lens cloth....ok I am reaching here because despite being 40...i still don't need glasses. but a lens cloth is what people use to wipe their glasses? I have seen them but have never used one.

the directions....yeah...maybe i should have read them better.

but that works for you....a lens cloth? do you have a treo? do you use the G2 also?

do you use anything else every 2 weekes or monthly? (that is, in addition to the daily cleaning with a lens cloth, do you do anything else "stronger?" how often do you change the G2s (assuming that you use them....)?
    My G2's came with a lens cleaning cloth.

I don't do anything else.

I haven't changed the G2 on my Treo 600 yet since I've only had it two months. I can't imagine having to change it for at least 6 months.

I never thought I needed glasses until I put my wife's pair on. It opened a new world to me. I've now progressed to contacts..

Good Luck.
    I've found that the cleaning solution that I got from LensCrafters with my glasses works great. Spray it direclty on the lens cloth, then wipe the face of the treo clean. Buff dry with dry part of cloth. Good for getting off skin oil and such.
    Change is inevitable, except from vending machines. --Ironicles (lesser known cousin of a famous Greek teacher).

USR PalmPilot 5000 --> Handspring Prism --> Dell Axim X5 (UGH!!) --> Treo 600
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Matthew
    I've found that the cleaning solution that I got from LensCrafters with my glasses works great. Spray it direclty on the lens cloth, then wipe the face of the treo clean. Buff dry with dry part of cloth. Good for getting off skin oil and such.
    so matthew...are you using a g2 screen protector on your treo...or are you using something else or nothing? i mean are you wiping the screen directly or are you wiping the screen protector? do you do it daily? maybe my skin is really oily, i don't know, but the G2 seems to get dirty every day.
    southbound747...I use regular eyeglasses wipes similar to these. The ones I use come individually wrapped so I can easily have some with me in the car and at work. I get them at Walmart- a box of 30 for about $1.99. I use them to clean the screen (screen protector) and entire phone about every 3 days or so. I am using the Boxwave screen protectors.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I got the G2 also a few days ago. It was impossible to get all the dust out. I think I must have put that piece on and off for at least 10 times in 2 days. At first I didn't even how to remove the mask on the G2 and put it on with the mask still attached! Did you really wasted 5 G2 putting it on? I thought it was pretty well made since I was kind of rough putting it on and off and it didn't really cause any damage to it.

So far I have not have any prob with finger grease. Since with the screen off, there are all those oil on water rings, a little grease is not really noticable comparing to those. I have glass cloth for my sunglasses in the car, but I usually just wipe the screen with my t-shirt. So far I have not seen any scratch on the G2 yet.
    Originally posted by southbound747

so matthew...are you using a g2 screen protector on your treo...or are you using something else or nothing? i mean are you wiping the screen directly or are you wiping the screen protector? do you do it daily? maybe my skin is really oily, i don't know, but the G2 seems to get dirty every day.
    Nope, no G2 yet - still need to order all my accessories.... Xmas set us back a bit.

So, nothing on the screen for the moment. I do the quick wipe down thing about once a day to once every two days. The actual cleaning with the solution, prolly once a week.

But it does get dirty/oily pretty fast, no doubt about it. With the screen turned on, hard to see the oil. Its only when its off that I really see it.
    Change is inevitable, except from vending machines. --Ironicles (lesser known cousin of a famous Greek teacher).

USR PalmPilot 5000 --> Handspring Prism --> Dell Axim X5 (UGH!!) --> Treo 600
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by cash70
    southbound747...I use regular eyeglasses wipes similar to these. The ones I use come individually wrapped so I can easily have some with me in the car and at work. I get them at Walmart- a box of 30 for about $1.99. I use them to clean the screen (screen protector) and entire phone about every 3 days or so. I am using the Boxwave screen protectors.

cash70
    cash70...great. as usual your comments/advice are right on the money. thanks
    Last edited by southbound747; 01/09/2004 at 06:09 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by Need
    Did you really wasted 5 G2 putting it on? I thought it was pretty well made since I was kind of rough putting it on and off and it didn't really cause any damage to it.
    well....i am probably too much of a perfectionist. i took them off after screwing them up one way or another and just threw them out. i tried to get the dust off....but it was too frustrating once dust got on the g2 itself. anyway...it was part of the learning curve. i know how to do it now. i was more used to the kind that you peel on/off.

the boxwave ones that cash70 put a link to above seem interesting too. i must say the g2s make the screen amazingly clear (once i great the grease off). i mean it is like nothings is there. it is a good screen protector.

thanks for all the advice everybody!