1.    #1  
    This may be a dumb question - but is it possible to enter contact information while on a phone call? I've been using the Memo Pad, but would prefer to enter contact info directly.
    Absolutely! Just bring up whatever program you are using for your contacts and type away.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3.    #3  
    I've tried that - but I'm using the contact manager that comes with the Treo and it is not associated with an application.

I can access it from the 5-way pad on the phone screen, but once you are in a call it doesn't offer that option.

Are there any good contact management applications that you can recommend?
    Originally posted by cowrock
    I've tried that - but I'm using the contact manager that comes with the Treo and it is not associated with an application.
    If you don't need anything fancy and the current contact manager works for you then download treocontacts.prc from the below link. You will have an icon, thus, able to access it while on a call.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ocontacts.html

Originally posted by cowrock
    Are there any good contact management applications that you can recommend?
    I have not had the need to install a 3rd party contact management program yet. But I am sure someone else can give you some recommendations.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Also I think that while on a call it is possible to press the menu button, then under the View menu item there is an option to bring up the contacts screen. That way you wouldn't need to install some hack prc file on your phone.

Good luck!
  6.    #6  
    dpuza: thanks for the tip! That is exactly what I was looking for.
    While on a call simply press the phone button and from there you can press down to pull up contacts provided you didn't change the settings on your dir arrow apps selection on the main phone screen