1.    #1  
    I am in the market to replace my cell phone, and the Treo 600 has me very interested. However, several omitted features cause me to hesitate, such as:

Bluetooth
    High Res Screen
    Voice Dialing
    Good vibrate feature

Is the next Treo expected any time soon? I figure that PalmOne has to stay competitive with Sony, so that may speed up production times.

My current cell phone works fine, so I am willing to wait if it will mean I get a phone that I am happier with in the long run.

So what do you guys think -- can we expect a new Treo in the next year?

Thanks!

Raven001
    Last edited by Raven001; 01/03/2004 at 05:14 PM.
    if it is this year, it will be late this year.

btw, the low res screen wasn't omitted, it is what come with the treo 600.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    My gosh! They're still backordered and people are talking about waiting for the next upgrade!
    Mike
    > ...They're still backordered and people are talking
    > about waiting for the next upgrade!

The CEO of Handspring didn't call the customer set for all TREOs to date "early adopters" for no reason!
    PalmOne releases devices in the Spring and the Fall. I don't think there's a snowball's chance in Phoenix of it showing up this spring. This fall is quite unlikely. If we see anything this fall, it may be an updated Treo 600 (Treo 630?) with a High Res and/or Bluetooth (the latter more likely than the former). Concurrent with the release of Blackberry software for PalmOS, I wouldn't be surprised to a Treo 600e (for Enterprise) with Blackberry service and no camera.

To answer your question, though, I think you'll be waiting a long long time.
    The voice dialing feature might be available if the rumored software/Rom update arrives as expected soon FYI...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by Felipe
    if it is this year, it will be late this year.

btw, the low res screen wasn't omitted, it is what come with the treo 600.
    Look at a new Sony based Palm and tell me how high res our screens are.
    No one ever said this screen was high res. And frankly I am amazed by the number of people b*tching about the fact that it isn't. Oh I forgot it practically makes the phone unusable.

Try making a phone call from any Sony Palm device as it comes right out of the box.

Kooldino, your picture... freaky man.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson