Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I have my 800 pager service send me my pages as an email, which arrives into my 600 as an SMS short message. Works fine, and eliminated the need for me to wear a separate pager.

But, when a message (page) arrives, it "sounds" once, and that's it.

Is there a utility I can add to the TREO 600 that would cause it to sound repeatedly, periodically, until the SMS message is actually read?

Thanks for any input!

.TreoAlertMgr allows you to determine how frequently you want to be reminded as wells as choose which ring tone to use.
    Thanks to a thread I read on this site, I've used it & been a happy camper ever since.
    Good Luck
    Here a link to the app FYI...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Thank you for your replies .... I'll check it out
    IMHO, BOth TreoAltMgr and Treo600SMS are awsome apps by PDAapps.
    Just my 2-cents, Matt Burkhard
    Greetings:

I purchased Treo Alert Manager, and it would be an awesome application IF you could program in the alert times for partial days like 5 PM to 7 AM.

They acknowledged the lack of this ability, and I've been waiting for them to make the programming changes they continue to promise to make.

Thank you.
    =====================
    Peter M. Abraham
    Dynamic Net, Inc.
    http://www.dynamicnet.net/
    Originally posted by dynamicnet
    Greetings:

I purchased Treo Alert Manager, and it would be an awesome application IF you could program in the alert times for partial days like 5 PM to 7 AM.
    I agree, this feature would make it perfect. I have it repeating alerts every 5 minutes when not acknowledged, but it can be irritating in the middle of the night!! so they are working on this then?
    -- berto
    Greetings Berto:

The last "promise" was "We will try to get this to you by the week of the 29th."

Well, this weekend ends the week of the 29th.

So I will see if I wasted my money registering the software prior to fully testing it out.

Thank you.
    =====================
    Peter M. Abraham
    Dynamic Net, Inc.
    http://www.dynamicnet.net/
    actually I was looking at this a little closer. haven't looked at it since I installed it since it's a set and forget kind of thing. but there is an "alert time" option there, wouldn't this activate it only for a partial day?? I also noticed that there is no "flash screen when alerting" option on mine like it shows on the screenshot posted on pdaapps website, what's up with that??
    -- berto
    The "flash screen when alerting" option is available when installed on the Treo 300. For the record, my screen flashes on my Treo 600 for a fraction of a second when the alert sounds.
    Good Luck
    well, I guess I can live w/o the flashing screen. the partial day feature appears like it is working though which is great. I set the start time for 10am and sent a test message before 10am. treoalertmgr did NOT attempt to remind me until 10am. now I can set it to not disturb in the middle of the night!! shoulda looked at the options closer when I set it up!!
    -- berto
    I dont use treoalert manager, but was looking at it on their site.

If you look at this pic, it has an option for time? what does this do?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Allows you to set during what period of time the alert reminders will occur.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Kive:

Mind if I ask who you use for your 800 voice mail service? I'm looking for a new pager service that offers text messaging alerts.. Thanks!
    Sincerely,

Kevin Maloney
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Kevin,

The 800 service I use that forwards to my TREO 600 sms is located at

www.mapcommunications.com

Kive
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Thanks, Kive. I'll give them a try.
    Sincerely,