1.    #1  
    I couldn't find a solution to this by reading and searching, yet I am surprised that I am the only one asking...?

For the Treo 600, is there a shortcut or a Hack or something that will let you connect and disconnect from the internet (ONLY).

I find that going in to preferences, then network, then connect/disconnect to be a bit of a pain...

I know holding the button down on top will turn off your wireless...thats not what I want.

Anyone?
    Try here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...isconnect.html

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...isconnect.html

There are more discussions about it. Hope this helps.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3.    #3  
    Actually, although interesting, those threads did not give me the "shortcut" I was hoping for. However, I did learn that my Sprint treo will still RING when called if I am connected to vision (as long as its not dl'ing or ul'ing)....

in any case...thanks
    I'm just curious, why would you want to disconnect ?
    Just use the drop net settings in Treohelper., it works fine from my experience. However, I really don't see the point of it if you have Sprint's unlimited vision, and there are no more RBOD's anymore....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    On second thought, you are correct - why would I want to disconnect?? I intially misunderstood and thought that if you are connected that you cannot receive calls.
    Now I understand that calls will come in as long as you are not transferring data. It is a beautiful thing!! Thank you everyone for responding though.
    Originally posted by larryk
    I'm just curious, why would you want to disconnect ?
    In my experience, if you do not disconnect, your battery duration between charges will suffer.

The CDMA Treo 600 has very poor battery life. I cannot set Snapper to autoretrieve too frequently or else my battery would die before the end of the day
    Originally posted by dan600

In my experience, if you do not disconnect, your battery duration between charges will suffer.

The CDMA Treo 600 has very poor battery life. I cannot set Snapper to autoretrieve too frequently or else my battery would die before the end of the day
    have you tried using treohelper yet?? works great in simulating "push" mail with snapper... I don't even use the autofetch anymore!!

-- berto
    HI, I am on sprint and my snapper mail gets get mail every 1/2 hour from 10 am to 7 pm daily, and I find very little battery drop by using it. It is on for such brief periods while downloading email it hardly shows in battery useage. However, I agree that if you keep it on line all of the time, your battery life drops rapidly. I am surprised that snapper drops off your battery levesl so much! take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Originally posted by bertopl

have you tried using treohelper yet?? works great in simulating "push" mail with snapper... I don't even use the autofetch anymore!!
    I have downloaded the TreoHelper application. Can you describe the process in which you can simulate "push mail" with Snapper?

Thanks!
    Dan

I have downloaded the TreoHelper application. Can you describe the process in which you can simulate "push mail" with Snapper?

Thanks!
    Dan
    Just goto to the Treohelper SMS settings and enable a SMS trigger. For example, if you want to autofetch your sprintpcs mail, you would: enable one of the 8 predefined trigges, set the trigger text to "sprintpcs", and then launch snappermail. Set the launch to "delay until asleep" so it doen't interfere with any current app you're using and also automatically delete so you don't have to worry about dismissing sms notifications. Thus whenever you have new Sprintpcs mail, you will receive a sms notification that will trigger snappermail to launch when the Treo is off/standbye and retreive your email seamlessly. It's quite a nice setup imo. The only qualification is that you have to rely on a email service that provides sms notifications and Sprint's own sms notifications for PCS mail are sometimes quite flacky. I use this setup with my yahoo mail acct and it works perfectly. However there are other solutions like Dogspot that you can use for sms notifications as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions

Thanks!
    Dan
    it was real easy, but there's a gigantic post about this already that you have to get all the pertinent information from. let me just summarize:

1) have snapper installed on the treo (no autofetching needed)
    - I set my manual delivery preferences to alert me with a tone and vibrate and use treoalertmgr to keep bugging me that I have new mail every 5 minutes if I don't acknowledge.

2) Install treohelper, it's free!!

3) set-up sms alerts for when you receive email.
    - now I use sbc yahoo, and things integrate very well there. I get all of my yahoo web mail and my sbc pop mail in my yahoo mailbox and you can set an sms alert for when an email arrives. I don't believe that you need to necessarily be subscribed to sbc yahoo, just set-up a yahoo web mail account and I believe you can add pop mail boxes to be retrieved from there as well. go into yahoo's mail filters to set-up a rule for sms notification. I just have it search for @ and instruct yahoo to send me an sms alert whenever an email with an @ arrives, which is every single email. I guess if you only want mail "pushed" to you that meet a certain criteria, you can do this too... I'm not absolutely sure yet if yahoo's bulk mail filters out spam before an sms is triggerred, but I haven't received junk mail on the treo yet!! another great feature of yahoo's web mail...

3) go into treo helper and pick "sms" from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen. it will give you a screen to configure an sms trigger. I have my "trigger text" set to "y-alerts@yahoo-inc.com: Fr:" so it will trigger for email only. I also have sms alerts that give me closing stock market prices at 1:30pm everyday and the sms address of that alert is different enough to not fit the above trigger.

4) set "launch" to "snappermail"

5) check the "delete" button towards the bottom of this set-up screen to make it all look seamless (sms alert is automatically deleted from the sms app before the trigger happens). I don't have any "message tones" or "vibration" set here. snappermail's manual delivery notification and treoalertmgr's repeating alert seems to do the trick just fine.

that's it!! no more autofetching needed with snapper, and I've tested this, it really IS as real time as it gets!! let me know if you need anymore help... btw, thanx a whole lot to those participating in that original ENORMOUS thread and to the author of treohelper. this is exactly the kind of set-up (very blackberry-like) that I've been looking for in a palm for years!! seems it just wouldn't be possible in the two-device setup that I was using before (sony ux50 & sony ericsson T610)... glad I got my treo!!

-- berto
    I appreciate your write-up!

However, does Snapper automatically fetch that email once it is launched by TreoHelper? Does it fetch your email on all accounts?
    I appreciate your write-up!

However, does Snapper automatically fetch that email once it is launched by TreoHelper? Does it fetch your email on all accounts?
    no prob!! yes, it fetches automagically!! according to the older treohelper thread, the author of the program used a call in the program that both launched snapper and initiated a mail fetch without any user intervention. I don't even notice things happening anymore, just pull out the treo when it beeps!! I only do this type of fetching with one account since both my yahoo and sbc mail is in there. my work email I prefer to pretty much leave unautomated. I am usually in front of my computer during work with outlook open anyways, so no real need. but I suppose as long as you have all of your accounts "checked" to be fetched, it may work. haven't tried it yet though...

-- berto