Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way to block incoming calls on the treo 600 ?
    If you mean caller ID blocking, I assume that is carrier specific. I do not see any settings on my T600 for this other that Blocking all calls.
    Originally posted by darwinbrewer
    Is there a way to block incoming calls on the treo 600 ?
    There's a "call barring" option in the phone options menu. Looks like you can block international or all calls going out, and all calls or only when roaming for incoming. I haven't tried it, but it's in the menu.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by acourvil

There's a "call barring" option in the phone options menu. Looks like you can block international or all calls going out, and all calls or only when roaming for incoming. I haven't tried it, but it's in the menu.

Hmm I can't seem to locate this option. Where is it exactly? If I press the phone button then press menu i get the following choices... Record, edit, options & views

under options i have the following...

display preferences
    sound preferences
    phone preferences
    dial preferences
    phone lock
    phone info
    tips
    about

I have the treo 600 for sprint service.

Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by darwinbrewer

Hmm I can't seem to locate this option. Where is it exactly? If I press the phone button then press menu i get the following choices... Record, edit, options & views

under options i have the following...

display preferences
    sound preferences
    phone preferences
    dial preferences
    phone lock
    phone info
    tips
    about

I have the treo 600 for sprint service.

Thanks in advance
    Oh, I have GSM version with slightly different options:

Display preferences
    Call preferences
    Dial Preferences
    Call Barring
    Select Network
    Phone Lock

Sounds like the call barring option is only for GSM.
    Someone should write an app that sends certain incoming calls directly to voicemail and not others. For instance, when I'm on vacation, I wish all of the contacts I have categorized as "business" would get sent directly to voicemail without ringing on my phone. During the work week I want to receive my business calls and send everyone categorized as "personal" to voicemail. I think such an application would be worth paying for.
    I've been wondering about that one for the longest. I would definitely pay for that feature.

I know someone already thought of that one. I dont know why its so strange to people.
    Originally posted by rosenft
    Someone should write an app that sends certain incoming calls directly to voicemail and not others. For instance, when I'm on vacation, I wish all of the contacts I have categorized as "business" would get sent directly to voicemail without ringing on my phone. During the work week I want to receive my business calls and send everyone categorized as "personal" to voicemail. I think such an application would be worth paying for.
    damn, this application would make soooooo much sense, i can't beleive thats not invented as of yet.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I agree this application would be sweet! All of you developers out there take note!!!!!
    Have any developers noticed this thread??? Where are you guys?

I would LOVE to be able to block calls from single callers. If someone is bothering me with calls, I wish I could simply add them to my "straight to voicemail" list!!
    This doesnt sound like a too complicated of an application to develop man. But I am willing to pay good money for such an application.
    This will not work for groups of callers but for the person who wanted to block a single caller it should help.

I downloaded a ringtone called 'silence' from www.treo600essentials.com

As advertised it is a silent ring. I can assign it to phone numbers in my favorites area and they will not ring out loud when they call.
    I like that procedure as far as it goes - assigning the silent ringtone in favorites - but the Treo only gives me 50 favorites and I don't want to use those for people I don't like. I want the favorites for my favorite people :-).

If some developer is paying attention to this thread, perhaps you can investigate something like automatically pressing the phone app's Ignore button if the caller-ID is in a small database file or even a small text file. Ideally there should be some way to do this with a range of numbers or wildcards, and to automatically ignore calls with no caller ID.
    Originally posted by dougblair
    automatically ignore calls with no caller ID.

EXACTLY, THIS CAN BE DONE, AND DEFINITELY BE WORTH PAYING FOR.
    I wonder if any developers have seen this thread and are interested.
    I wonder if any developers have seen this thread and are interested.
    I dont know, I need to contact some developers about this. I know they would be able to create this 4 me if I pay them the right money.

Do you guys know where I can go to contact some developers?
    Looks like this is already out there for earlier Treo phones and in the works for the 600 from this company:
    http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?mring
    Motion Apps is a fine company. But mRing is not compatible with the T600. It is also not a great program on the T270/300.

What is needed is a simple application that does one thing and does it well on the T600. If a developer wants to hit a home run, he will combine it with the Profiles application being beta tested in another thread on this board! Then we would have a really sweet app worth paying for.

On the subject of Motion apps, mLight and mLock are great programs.
    Motion Apps is a fine company. But mRing is not compatible with the T600. It is also not a great program on the T270/300.

What is needed is a simple application that does one thing and does it well on the T600. If a developer wants to hit a home run, he will combine it with the Profiles application being beta tested in another thread on this board! Then we would have a really sweet app worth paying for.

On the subject of Motion apps, mLight and mLock are great programs.
    I see what you are saying man. I see they have the ringtone for unknown calls and known calls with certain categories down pat. I dont know why no one aint come up with, IF UNKNOWN SEND DIRECTLY TO VM, OR CERTAIN CALLERS FROM CERTAIN CATEGORIES TO GO STRAIGHT TO VOICE MAIL.

WE GOTTA VOICE OUT FOR THE CREATION OF THIS APP.!!!
    Why not just look at your phone, check out the caller ID (since you have your whole contact list in there it's pretty easy to figure out business vs. personal vs. Caller ID block), and then *choose* whether or not to answer the phone?

And it gives you a chance to show off your Treo to everyone who's around more often
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast