1.    #1  
    I am looking for the best Palm King James Version. Any suggestions?
    I am a long time user of Olive Tree -- http://www.olivetree.com -- and I highly recommend it. Both the reader and the KJV Bible are free. The reader lets you locate passages by verse or using a search, and lets you take notes on particular verses. Olive tree also has other translations available, Strong's concordance, Greek and Hebrew, Latin Vulgate etc., some of which require payment.

You might try searching the discussions for an older thread on Palm OS Bibles. People had other recommendations for Bibles, but I have been so happy with Olive Tree that I have not tried any of the others.
    I'm a fan of OliveTree too.
    I use laridian and have been happy with it. They have free translations, and paid translations and the bible reader does cost money.
    I rather enjoy palmbibleplus

http://palmbibleplus.sourceforge.net/
    been using Laridian for several years, both for palm and PPC, great products! One nice thing is all your subs are retained on their site so when needed you can log in and download all your apps, again. Really like the 'Life application study notes' just introduced. I use Daily Reader daily on my treo, one of my favorites is One year with Jesus.
    my .02

TD
    I use MarkMyScriptures from www.skimware.com

They have a good trial version and the King James Bible ready for download. Great navagation and note-taking tools.
    I use the NIV from Laridian. Does Olive Tree and the others offer the NIV translation?
    Mike
    Originally posted by mbranscum
    I use the NIV from Laridian. Does Olive Tree and the others offer the NIV translation?
    I believe Laridian has exclusive rights to the NIV
    I use Olive Tree, not because of any particular feature, but because they are the only ones as of this point to provide a modern Catholic translation (the NAB). But for KJV, I believe there isn't one product that doesn't provide this, so your options are as wide as the number of products! Catholic version aside, of all the readers I tried, I was impressed with Laridian's search engine the most. If only they had a Catholic version!

As for the NIV question, www.asaisoft.com has it available as well (so I'm not sure why Laridian claims to have exclusive copyrights - I doubt any vendor could have exclusive rights to any Bible translation). Anyway, the asaisoft reader to me is the nicest looking (the words scroll nicely), but the searches are slower.

As with anything, give each one a try and see which one you like. After all, most KJV's are available for free, so give each product a spin. This will give you a far better idea which is best for you than any opinions we post here!

God bless you and have a Merry Christmas!
    I have an old version of Laridian NIV. It resets my 600. I downloaded a new demo which works, but how do you choose chapter and verse without a graffiti area?
    Is there a version without Leviticus?
    Originally posted by mannr
    I have an old version of Laridian NIV. It resets my 600. I downloaded a new demo which works, but how do you choose chapter and verse without a graffiti area?
    mannr,

There are 2 ways that I know of (both for the Keyboard):

Method 1)

While within a bible book:
    Spacebar - Goes forward one chapter within the book

BackSpace - Goes back one chapter within the book

5-Way Up/Down Presses - Scrolls through chapter verse by verse

Method 2)

Again, while within a bible book (For example, to go to Exodus 15:v11):
    1 - Double-press the option key to activate entering numbers/secondary characters
    2 - Enter/depress the following keys: "15:11". This should take you to the scripture.

rgds,

aolumide
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Used both MyBible and PalmBiblePlus now for a couple of years. REALLY like PB+ because of the fantastic user support and growing numbers of commentaries available (pretty much every commentary in the public domain i.e., Matthew Commentary, Abbott, JFB, etc has been converted for PB+ use, I have something like 12 commentaries on my SD card). You can also "roll" your own versions (for personal use only and respecting copyright issues, more info found here. So I have all the major translations (probably 7 or so) that I use on my T600.

I also use ReadingPlanner in conjunction w/ PB+, and love it (basically allows you to customize a reading plan and stick with it.