1.    #1  
    I'm an attorney and interested if any other lawyers out there would suggest any mobile sites especially useful or interesting for the legal profession.
    Originally posted by eekinsman
    I'm an attorney and interested if any other lawyers out there would suggest any mobile sites especially useful or interesting for the legal profession.
    I too would be interested but have not to date found any specially formatted for mobile viewing.

To go off on a tangent, I have found that it is extremely easy to convert and load legal references onto any Palm like the Treo, such as the Rules of Evidence, pertinent statutes, Local Court Rules, key opinions etc. and find this very handy when away from the office. For a quick check, it serves its purpose without carrying a laptop around, and you can find the section you want very fast.

I just select all and copy off the pertinent website, since all law can pretty much be found there now, then paste into a new Word document, save it as text only, convert it to Palm format by dropping it on one of many converters e.g. Makedoc, and then double-click and synch. Shows up on any text reader, like Aportis or one of the newer ones, and can be bookmarked.

I even carry my favorite chapter from Pozner and Dodd on Cross on my Treo.

This is somewhat of a back-handed answer to your question, but it makes the same resources available without doing the web-surfing from your Treo, provided you know in advance what resources you want to have at hand.

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by NateS

I too would be interested but have not to date found any specially formatted for mobile viewing.

To go off on a tangent, I have found that it is extremely easy to convert and load legal references onto any Palm like the Treo, such as the Rules of Evidence, pertinent statutes, Local Court Rules, key opinions etc. and find this very handy when away from the office. For a quick check, it serves its purpose without carrying a laptop around, and you can find the section you want very fast.

I just select all and copy off the pertinent website, since all law can pretty much be found there now, then paste into a new Word document, save it as text only, convert it to Palm format by dropping it on one of many converters e.g. Makedoc, and then double-click and synch. Shows up on any text reader, like Aportis or one of the newer ones, and can be bookmarked.

NateS
    I've found many resources available on line as adobe pfd files which convert nicely with the adobe reader for palm such as Rules of Evidence, Trial and Criminal Rules. I've also found state (Indiana) supreme and appeals court decisions easy to read on line via blazer, sure beats the old advance sheetes. AvantGo offers a mobile version of the ABA jouirnal.
    http://www.westlaw.com/wireless

You must have an account to use this service, but most firms do. I don't believe Lexus has a wireless portal, but you should be able to search at decent speeds with images off.