1.    #1  
    Is there a way I can download say...a WMV file from my Treo. I doubt it could be played, but if i could at least DOWNLOAD it, it would be nice.

wget would be nice right now.
    Yeah, you can probably download fine. But you certainly can't play wmv files on PalmOS. M$'s non-windoze lisencing fees are like $10,000 which is prohibitively expensive for small third party dev like Ptunes to invest in that format...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Yeah, you can probably download fine. But you certainly can't play wmv files on PalmOS. M$'s non-windoze lisencing fees are like $10,000 which is prohibitively expensive for small third party dev like Ptunes to invest in that format...
    So how can i download it?
    I think the problem Kooldino is encountering is that if you try to download a file type through Blazer that isn't registered in the Exchange Manager, Blazer complains the type isn't supported and bails.

It would be nice if Blazer would just let you save unknown file types to the memory card...
    Wouldn't that issue be resolved by installing a product such as "Receive!t", or any of the other apps that let you receive any file type.
    The WebPro web browser will let you download any file to you Treo.
    Something like Receive!t looks promising. Have you used it, Bryan? I browsed the documentation, and what concerns me is that it looks like you have to manually register each file type you would like the app to manage, and that you can only have 8 extensions configured at a given time. Can you comment?

carter437, isn't it still impossible to get a legitimate copy of that for the 600. I'm aware of the patched version, but I would be a bit uncomfortable using that browser unless there was an official version. I've also heard it doesn't support the Treo 5-way nav. I suppose you could run one of the apps that mimicks the Tungsten nav on the Treo, but how well does that work?
    You're correct, there is no official/legal version of WebPro for the Treo so one must decide for themselves if they are comfortable in using the software on their Treo. I'm hoping palm will sell WebPro for the Treo in the near future.

In my opinion WebPro is good for two things. Downloading files to your treo and viewing web pages quickly when being able to see the graphics on the webpage are not important (like treo.treocentral.com). WP is fast mainly because WebPro will display a page before fetching the images and it can be used in conjunction with palm's proxy server. However the drawback with WP is that it does not handle images correctly on the Treo. Most pages 70-90% of the images are not displayed correctly, if at all. The best way to describe it is that as you scroll the web page the images are also scrolled within the area they should be displayed. So images are progressively cropped as you scroll around. Bottom line image support is not good. Also the 5 way does not work. So I mainly use Blazer web browsing, because of WP shortcomings on the Treo.
    Here is a screenshot of what happens when you scroll on WP. Notice as the page is scrolled upwards the image is progressively cropped as if the image is being scrolled downward.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...&postid=263955
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by carter437
    Here is a screenshot of what happens when you scroll on WP. Notice as the page is scrolled upwards the image is progressively cropped as if the image is being scrolled downward.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...&postid=263955
    Whacked.

Receive!t may work...not the best solution, but may be something. Where can i get that?