Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I'm new here, and I wasn't quite sure where to post this.

So anyway, I just picked up a treo 600, and got Sprint service. If I make a call, whoever I'm calling hears a loud screeching noise for about 50% of the call time, and nothing else, regardless of how many "connection bars" i have. HOWEVER, if i call on speaker phone, all is well. Has anyone else had this issue?
    Originally posted by Kooldino
    Hi, I'm new here, and I wasn't quite sure where to post this.

So anyway, I just picked up a treo 600, and got Sprint service. If I make a call, whoever I'm calling hears a loud screeching noise for about 50% of the call time, and nothing else, regardless of how many "connection bars" i have. HOWEVER, if i call on speaker phone, all is well. Has anyone else had this issue?
    I'm not a Sprint user, but I think I've seen posts about this by others, who ended up getting their phones replaced free of charge.
    I agree. I would have the phone replaced. I am a Sprint user and have never had that problem.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  4.    #4  
    Ok, so I got it from Handspring...so where would I go to get it replaced? Sprint or Handspring?

Also, I assume that if I synch this phone to my PC, that it will save all of my data, and then I can synch the new phone with my PC and have my old phone's data?
    Ok, so I got it from Handspring...so where would I go to get it replaced? Sprint or Handspring?

Also, I assume that if I synch this phone to my PC, that it will save all of my data, and then I can synch the new phone with my PC and have my old phone's data?
    It is my understanding that you need to get your replacement from HS. Call them and see what you need to do. I know another person who had his replaced and they shipped him another unit.

I backup to SD disk with Backupman because I did not trust my files to all go to the laptop. But I'm sure it works.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by GeekyMom
    It is my understanding that you need to get your replacement from HS. Call them and see what you need to do. I know another person who had his replaced and they shipped him another unit.

I backup to SD disk with Backupman because I did not trust my files to all go to the laptop. But I'm sure it works.
    Backupman you say? Care to link me to a download??

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  8.    #8  
    Link:
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...E&prodID=46552
    Doh, $10. Still nice though.

What happens if my battery dies, anyway?
    Yep, I thought that too, then I realized the frustration and time involved in trying to return my files (and we're not even talking about data) if they were lost.

As a matter of fact, my Treo did a hard set once for NO apparent reason and I lost ALL my files. The $10 was well worth my sanity because I was able to get all my files as well as settings back with a click or two thanks to this program!

10.    #10  
    Yep, I thought that too, then I realized the frustration and time involved in trying to return my files (and we're not even talking about data) if they were lost.

As a matter of fact, my Treo did a hard set once for NO apparent reason and I lost ALL my files. The $10 was well worth my sanity because I was able to get all my files as well as settings back with a click or two thanks to this program!
    Wait wait...you mean when you synchronize your treo, it doesn't back everything up? then what does it do?

I assumed that if you synched it that you would be good to go.
    Better safe than sorry. When I tried to find the backup files in my Treo desktop app I didn't see them. So I was taking NO chances on not having a backup on my unit. As a side benefit, if you are backing up to SD, you always have it on you. So if you are not near your desktop and something happens, you don't have to wait to retrieve your files. You have them on you.

Plus, with Backupman you can set it to do a daily backup. Just in case you forget or incase you don't sync between changes. I have mines do an automatic backup at 2:00 am. When chances are I'm not using it. -LOL

12.    #12  
    Makes sense. I may get that.

An update: they are sending me a new phone that I should have within a week. Sweet.
    When you sync your Treo to your PC, all databases with their backup flag set will get backed up. With a program like Filez, you can see which files will be backed up. Usually if something isn't set to be backed-up its for a reason, but with Filez, you can set the backup flag for anything you think should be backed up.

Wait wait...you mean when you synchronize your treo, it doesn't back everything up? then what does it do?

I assumed that if you synched it that you would be good to go.
    You files DO get backed up during hotsync. However, some of your user preferences do not. That's why many users use tools like SyncAll etc. Backupman is great b/c you can backup directly to your SD card which is useful if you have a catastrophic incident and you don't have access to your desktop...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  15.    #15  
    Are any of these tools free? Which (including the non free ones) is the best, and why?
    I use BackupBuddyVFS its free. Works great.
    I don't go looking for trouble. It comes looking for me.
    Are any of these tools free? Which (including the non free ones) is the best, and why?
    There is a large discussion about the many different available backup apps here. Advantages and disadvantages are mentioned, as well as cost. Some of the programs discussed include: BackupMan, BackupBuddyVFS, Botzam Backup, and Right Back Up,.
  18.    #18  
    Originally posted by BADFLHT
    I use BackupBuddyVFS its free. Works great.
    Cool, I'll probably just use that once it supports OS5.

Cool, I'll probably just use that once it supports OS5.
    it does:

http://www.bluenomad.com/bbvfs/prod_bbvfs_details.html
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  20.    #20  
    Originally posted by Felipe

it does:

http://www.bluenomad.com/bbvfs/prod_bbvfs_details.html
    Ahh, but it's not freeware, it's trialware. Meh.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast