Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by Kooldino

Ahh, but it's not freeware, it's trialware. Meh.
    the lite version is free.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I have BackupBuddy - it's problem is that it does not get around keyguard. So, I got Backupman and it does. Ben

Cool, I'll probably just use that once it supports OS5.
  3.    #23  
    Originally posted by Felipe

the lite version is free.
    I think it said the lite version was $6.95.
    not mine, i hope.

when i ty to register it from within the app, is say you are using the free version of bakupbuddyvfs.

I guess we will tell in a couple of weeks.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.

Ahh, but it's not freeware, it's trialware. Meh.
    Come on! You'll spend $400 to $500 for the Treo, but think $7 to protect all your data is too much? Meh!
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  6.    #26  
    Originally posted by meyerweb

Come on! You'll spend $400 to $500 for the Treo, but think $7 to protect all your data is too much? Meh!
    No, it's $7 here, $20 there for an emulator, etc etc. I could easily blow $200 on software for this thing. That's a bit much.
  7. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    It was freeware a week ago........
    Cheers

Charles

No, it's $7 here, $20 there for an emulator, etc etc. I could easily blow $200 on software for this thing. That's a bit much.
    Sounds like you should have bought just a cell phone.

A Palm handheld is a computer. How much have you spent for software for your PC (or Mac)? Windows XP home doesn't have any backup software either, and you won't find a backup program for Windows that only costs $7. If you're really desperate, though, use a freeware file manager and copy all your files to the card manually.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  9.    #29  
    Originally posted by meyerweb

Sounds like you should have bought just a cell phone.

A Palm handheld is a computer.
    You don't say?

How much have you spent for software for your PC (or Mac)?
    Not that much...most of it is free. But the main thing is that for the palm you have to pay for EVERYTHING. Java? $5. Nintendo Emulator? $20. The same exact games that you can download for free on a PC and play? $15. An MP3 player? $20. The above can all be had on a PC OR a Mac for free. I'd consider an mp3 player software a necessity, not the $20 luxury item it is by default.

Windows XP home doesn't have any backup software either, and you won't find a backup program for Windows that only costs $7.
    You can download disk backup software for free. As well as operating systems, games, office suites, anything you can imagine.

I'm not saying I want it all free, but having to pay for every stupid thing is annoying.

If you're really desperate, though, use a freeware file manager and copy all your files to the card manually. [/B]
    Originally posted by ceb
    It was freeware a week ago........
    You can still download the free version here...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12