Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am cruising on the interstate at 70 mph writing this. I am holding the T600 with both hands and using both thumbs to type. Both wrists are resting on the lower part of the wheel to steer. Not stressful at all. I am being safe. I wouldn't even think about doing this with Graffiti.
    Are those red flashing lights in the rearview?
    <insert your deity here> protect us all!
    Hint #1, from a CT attorney >>> if you're not familiar with the term "contributory negligence", maybe this will help. Your Treo 600 presumably includes a non-pay-as-you-go arrangement. This means there will be records of your usage, subject to subpoena in the event of an accident. An alert attorney will deduce what was the likely cause of the accident. The records will ultimately be given to your car insurance company. Your company will then have the option of claiming you have no coverage, since your usage is so blatantly INSANE that coverage in this instance would be against public policy. Meanwhile, the victim's attorney will have a field day composing a slew of causes of action based on what the law deems "outrageous" behavior. Just a thought as you go hurtling down the road in bullet fashion with a 2-ton weapon.

Not to mention someone being maimed or killed because of the actions of one incredibly self-oriented person. So much for post-9/11 increased sensitivities.
    ==========================

Update: Interesting Dec 18, 2003 BBC news article, entitled "Mobile Phones- The New Fingerprints" >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3303637.stm

BTW, newtreouser, just saw your apology. It takes tremendous character to admit a mistake. I salute and admire you! Best wishes for all that is good this holiday season, and beyond, my friend!
    Last edited by WebSter; 12/22/2003 at 08:29 AM.
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    I am cruising on the interstate at 70 mph writing this. I am holding the T600 with both hands and using both thumbs to type. Both wrists are resting on the lower part of the wheel to steer. Not stressful at all. I am being safe. I wouldn't even think about doing this with Graffiti.
    Umm, that's not being safe at all. Being safe is not taking your hands off the wheel or eyes off the road to type a message. It's just not being quite as reckless as trying to steer with your knees.
    You are a very naughty man.
    We didn't really ask how big of a freakin ***** you are, but thanks for sharing anyway. Dumbass
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    and let me guess...in an H2 right??!!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Brilliant. When you slam into someone/something else, at 70, I won't be crying for you.
    Darwin was right, except he forgot to mention collateral damage
    Bored? Visit my <a href = "http://www.darrenking.com">website </a>
    Originally posted by randyg
    ROFL, I almost dropped my Treo on that comment !!
    I am cruising on the interstate at 70 mph writing this.
    Thank god you're located in CT. If you decide to drive through CA, lemme know. I'll stay home.
    Originally posted by randyg
    I recently heard this from a comedian:

"I was thinking about buying a Hummer. But then I decided it would be cheaper to tatoo NEEDS ATTENTION on my forhead."

Bwaaahahahaha!!
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    The H2 is the epitome of everything that is embarrasing about America.
    Originally posted by Minsc
    The H2 is the epitome of everything that is embarrasing about America.
    No, Jerry Springer is. Oh, and that congressman from Washington also.
    Originally posted by heberman

No, Jerry Springer is. Oh, and that congressman from Washington also.
    What part of CT are you in? I want to warn my sister, bro-in-law, and nieces in West Hartford
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!
    this might very well be the stupidest report to treocentral yet.
    wow. how about giving some impressionable kids some more deathwish ideas to carry out.
    embarrassing, dude. step away from the treo. put the treo down slowly and step away from the car.. you know the rest... ahem .... you have the right to remain ....... to be contd.
    What you are doing is HIGHLY illegal.

So take it down to 55 MPH.
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!
    stupid ***hole

Clearly this dolt proves my signature quote is dead on.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  20.    #20  
    Alright you guys are right, it was a stupid thing to do and especially write about it. I was trying to show how user friendly the treo 600's thumbboard is vs Graffiti. I was on a 4 hour roadtrip on a straightaway in middle VT and there was no cars around me. I thought it was no more distracting than dialing a phone # and talking while driving, and less distracting than looking at a map for directions.

WebSter the lawyer, you bring up an excellent point regarding activities on the phone are recorded and time stamped and could be used against me if there was an accident and the court of law would no doubt rule againt me.

I promise I will never do that again.

What if I was talking on the phone with a headset and get in an accident? Would I automatically lose in court?

p.s. I do not have a H2. I have a perfect driving record for the last 25 years with no tickets, no accidents. I do not drink and drive or speed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast