1.    #1  
    I wanted to know:

If I use a scanner and scan a book of mine into .pdf file. Can I automatically read that on the Treo 600?

Any info appreciated. Thanks.
    You would have to convert the .pdf using the adobe pdf reader for palm and then syncing it your treo.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acroba...erforpalm.html
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Fair warning, PardNah: I doubt you'll have the desired level of success with the free PalmOS converter offered by Adobe. I tried it with a couple of their versions, but gave up. The results were such a PIA that I never went back for the latest version. I also tried with the full Acrobat package, which I've owned and upgraded thru the years. That's better, as there are plug-ins to pull the text out of the page. Best bet I've found to date = Repligo. Run a search on PalmGear.com. $30, but a trial is available so you can actually test it on some pages. Keep in mind though-- scanning gives you only a picture of text, not text itself, which is why so many converters stumble.

Finally, just in case you are not familiar with this >>> You may want to browse/search PalmDigitalMedia.com or Powells.com for an ebook version of your text. If you decide to purchase at PalmDigitalmedia, stop at http://www.qponcentral.com/store.asp?store=PeanutPress first, where you'll find the current week's 10% off discount code. EBookLocator.com may also be helpful, as it allows you to run a search for an ebook using keywords. But don't consider the results to be carved in stone. Some ebooks are not include in the database it taps.
    Try the PDF2Doc converter. It will convert pdf to standard palm docs which can be easily read with standard reader like palm reader...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions