1.    #1  
    is there anyway to use commands like ctrl + c and ctrl + v on the treo keyboard? i don't want to have to always use the drop down menus from "edit" and the stylus.
    Have you tried pressing "Menu" + "x" for cut and "Menu" + "p" for paste?
    Well thank you very much!

I hate using the top buttons to cut and paste and this works great.

Menu + C also copies.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by TurboTiger
    Have you tried pressing "Menu" + "x" for cut and "Menu" + "p" for paste?
    Cool. Thanks. That 's just What I wanted. Now do you know how to highlight text with just the 5 way nav button? I tried pressing the the center button and moving both forward and backward. No luck....

Thanks again for the menu +.....
    Last edited by southbound747; 12/15/2003 at 05:37 AM.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Originally posted by southbound747

Cool. Thanks. That 's just What I wanted. Now do you know how to highlight text with just the 5 way nav button? I tried pressing the the center button and moving both forward and backward. No luck....

Thanks again for the menu +.....
    Menu-S will select all text in current field within most apps. So until somebody allows highlighting from 5-way, Menu-S to select, Menu -C to copy, Menu-X to cut, Menu-P to paste

Also, you can use your fingertip or (fingernail if you have screen protector). Snap!Clip ( attached and at http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/snap!clip.shtml ) will automatically pop up the command bar after highlighting text with finger/stylus so you can tap the copy,cust,paste symbols instead of Meny-<key>
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!
    Awesome! I wondered how to do this.
  8.    #8  
    thanks i will try snapclip and see how it goes.
    thanks i will try snapclip and see how it goes.
    I installed and tried it and it works GREAT! Aside from cut, paste, copy, you can also bold, underline, strikethrough do a spellcheck and use a thesarus. BTW, I'm also using Wordsmith.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  10.    #10  
    ok....so snapclip is like having the menu there automatically. you still need the other letter...like "c" or "s" or whatever....you just don't need the menu part. cool. thanks
    ok....so snapclip is like having the menu there automatically. you still need the other letter...like "c" or "s" or whatever....you just don't need the menu part. cool. thanks
    Various apps put other icons on that command bar, too. One (can't rememer which) puts a phone symbol on it, to initiate a contact lookup function when tapped. Others put an icon of a trash can for a delete record function (not just deleting text) , etc.

So it doesn't just replicate menu-s,c,x, it also makes available any speical command icons/functions supported by the open application when the command bar is popped up.
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!