1.    #1  
    I just got my 256 card and I want to install a few MP3's. How do I do it?!? I tried a few times, but I see nothing that comes close. And yes, I read the manual. Nothing under MP3 or music is listed.

Please bless me with your wisdom.
    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord your God with all of your heart. Seek his will in all you do and He will direct your paths.
    You know you should really try to search for the answers from now on!! Every question you can think of asking has probably been asked and answered at least 10 times, I kid you not! Anyway, since I've responded in the past, I'll do so again here...

There are several ways to install mp3's

1) Fastest: get a SD card reader and copy mp3/oog/wav files to the /Audio folder on the SD card. This is the default folder to store audio files for Ptunes etc

2) You can hotsync mp3's to your Treo, but this is an extremely slooooooow process b/c of the inherent error checking functionality of hotsync. It will take a long time but it will work. Goto the palm desktop > install > add > change file type to *.* > select the appropiate mp3 files etc. The files will automatically be transferred to the defualt /Audio folder during the next hotsync

3) Use app like Card export like I mentioned in the other thread. This is an app that allows you to treat your SD card like a logical HD. With this app you can easily copy and paste the audio files to the /Audio folder on the SD card. This is great of you don't have a card reader and don't want to bother with hotsync...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Thank you, gfunkmagic

<LIE> Now, I'm not asking how to do this. I'm searching for the answer myself. <LIE>

I downloaded that program (I forgot the name) that allows you to use MP3 files as alarms. I want to use it to play "Thank you for the cross" as a reminder for 3:00 prayer.

YES I PRAY.

Sometimes.
    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord your God with all of your heart. Seek his will in all you do and He will direct your paths.
    Originally posted by FatTony
    I downloaded that program (I forgot the name) that allows you to use MP3 files as alarms. I want to use it to play "Thank you for the cross" as a reminder for 3:00 prayer.
    Just curious, which app do you mean? LookAtMe or wavAlarms? The first is freeware fyi...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    YES I PRAY
    Well guess what pal, you can stick your jerkwad self-righteous "hey, I pray" el-crappo-of-the-bull up your behind with extreme rapidity. Thnx, f-off, bye.

P.S. Hope the search feature works for you in the future, jerk.

P.P.S. Yes, everyone, Gfunk was cooler about this . Hello, I suck.
    FatTony:

I don't know about using mp3's for alarms or ringtones, but it's easy enough to search the 'net for a MIDI file of the song you want and install it as a system ringtone.

Alternately, you can use a music program to score the song and save as MIDI (or get a friend to code it for you). You only need one or two bars for a quick alarm.

I also use my Treo for prayer reminders at 8a, 12n, 3p & 6p.

Peace!
    Michael
  7.    #8  
    Originally posted by snerdy

Well guess what pal, you can stick your jerkwad self-righteous "hey, I pray" el-crappo-of-the-bull up your behind with extreme rapidity. Thnx, f-off, bye.

P.S. Hope the search feature works for you in the future, jerk.

P.P.S. Yes, everyone, Gfunk was cooler about this . Hello, I suck.
    Did sombody take a **** in your cereal this morning? Did the Jehova's witness that knocked on your door when you was a kid scare you?

Read that post again. Where did I say I was selfrighteous? Did I condem you? Did I say you're going to hell? Did I say anything mentioning my God, my practices or my faith other then "I pray". I even added a sometimes.

Did I try to convert you? Did I mention fire and brimstone? You have issues. You have problems. You should see a shrink (can't spell psycha.... trist)
  8.    #9  
    Ok, no B.S. I been trying to search for instructions for on using Look At Me to get an MP3 as an alarm. I can't find it. Yes, I am a tard no need to point that out, heard it since I was 2.

I loaded MP3s into the phone. I got Look At Me installed. Checked the boxes and chose the MP3 player as the program to start at 3:00 and nothing happens.

How to make it work?!?
    Ok, no B.S. I been trying to search for instructions for on using Look At Me to get an MP3 as an alarm. I can't find it. Yes, I am a tard no need to point that out, heard it since I was 2...
    Well since you put it that way! Read the instrucitons I wrote here. More likely than not you haven't set Ptunes to start playing on startup. For that you need to go to Pocket Tunes>prefs>advanced prefs>select "start playing on startup".

Okay? Any more questions and I'm gonna have to start charging here!

10.    #11  
    Thanks Funk. You da man. Or woman. You da person!
    Read that post again. Where did I say I was selfrighteous? Did I condem you? Did I say you're going to hell? Did I say anything mentioning my God, my practices or my faith other then "I pray". I even added a sometimes.
    You've got a narrow perspective, pal. I understand that you don't even have any idea what I'm talking about ...but that's exactly what I'm talking about. You say -- no, you YELL in public about how you pray (sometimes -- that's funny, sure). The connotation is selfrigheousness, pride in your faith, pride for your God. Do you have any idea how fantastically offensive that is to me? You don't, do you?

If you can't keep your repugnant social programming out of my cereal, I'm gonna be telling you exactly where you can shove it every time it comes up. Dig? No... probably not.

Did I try to convert you? Did I mention fire and brimstone? You have issues. You have problems. You should see a shrink
    I've been and I'm done. My rubberstamp says "Good To Go." What's yours say?

(can't spell psycha.... trist)
    I can: psychiatrist. ...Okay, actually, I can't -- I looked it up. Here's a link to a nice PDA-friendly dictionary website:
    http://www.m-w.com/palm.htm
    (I got that from a post by Gfunk, incidentally -- so apparently we at least agree on one thing: Gfunk is the person.)

On topic (not that it matters since this thread is basically dead and I'm most likely going to get banned for being such a jerk), I'm glad you got your MP3 alarm thing working. That's cool.

Edit: Gfunk is da man! --vvvv
    Last edited by snerdy; 12/15/2003 at 04:32 AM.
    Btw, I am da "man"!

13.    #14  
    Just because I said I pray, you let it snowball by connecting that to self righteous, pride in my God and in my faith? That's fantastically offensive? I never said anything other then "as a reminder to pray. YES I PRAY"

Know what fantastically offensive is? That you took the "as a reminder for 3:00 prayer" and let it get under your skin. I never said my Jesus can kick your but, I never said that I'll be watching you burn from my mansion in Heaven. I said that I need a reminder to pray. I'm not Super Christian, I need to be reminded to pray. And if I pray, it's my business. If I tell you I pray, don't have a fit. When I try to convert you, then you can have a fit. But if I tell you, if I mention that I pray, chill.

I am convinced that sombody did take a dump in your cereal.

Don't be so full of yourself. Our social programming is about YOU? We're all not after you. You're don't have a reward on your head and we don't get to cash it in when we convert you. We don't want to send you a Bible, we don't want to read you John 3:16, you don't want to invite you to hang out at our church. I said I pray. I mentioned that I need a reminder to pray. I never said anything about your belief, that mine is better that yours is wrong, I said I need a reminder to pray. The language you speak this translate to REPENT NOW OR BURN IN HELL FOREVER! CAN I GET AN AMEN! WOOOOO! HALLELUJAH! REPENT YOU DIRTY LOW DOWN MUTH..... you get the idea.

What I will say is that you are a 'tard.

I know this is going to **** you off, and I know you have a comeback for it., but my rubber stamp says "SAVED BY GRACE" Not that I'm perfect, not that I can convert people, not that I'm so wonderful, but because of GRACE. Yes, I curse, yes I drink, yes I look at naked women, yes I smoke, yes I'm as far away from perfect as anyone. But I'm trying. I'm trusting. I have something to beleive in. I have something to trust in. I have something to rely on. If it's fake, no harm to you. I never tried to call you in. Do you want me to call you in? Is that why you're ranting about it? PSYCHE! I won't :P

If I said Starbucks is great! Would you throw a fit? But because I said I pray, this made you trip. It's a prefrence. It's a choice. If I was gay, would you freak? If I was black, would you get pissed? If you don't get mad at starbucks, gays, blacks, jews, yankee fans, why get mad at the word pray?

And I never yelled out in public I pray. I mentioned that I need a reminder to pray. I never said praying is great, it's da bomb, it saves me, you're going to hell, etc.

I'm not responding to any of your B.S. I proved that I am the asshat by even replying.

I'll keep you in prayer, brother.
    I just got my 256 card and I want to install a few MP3's. How do I do it?!? I tried a few times, but I see nothing that comes close. And yes, I read the manual. Nothing under MP3 or music is listed.
    Just get yourself an iPod
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Tony:

Don't feed the trolls...just PRAY for them!
    Try new In Your Cereal brand crap -- it's the crappiest!
    Like I said -- narrow.

Originally posted by that other person
    Pray for the trolls
    Haha -- that's beautiful.
    snerdy - Chill the hell out man. Do you know Tony in real life?