1.    #1  
    I took the SD card from my digital camera.
    Installed it into my Treo 600.
    Viewed the pictures without any proplem.
    I then tried to send the photos and couldn't do it.

Can you tell me if there is a way to send photos on a SD card? They were taken with a digital camera if that makes a diff.
    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord your God with all of your heart. Seek his will in all you do and He will direct your paths.
    i don't know, but have you tried your email client attachment function?

Snapper, which i use, sees the sd card.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by FatTony
    I took the SD card from my digital camera.
    Installed it into my Treo 600.
    Viewed the pictures without any proplem.
    I then tried to send the photos and couldn't do it.

Can you tell me if there is a way to send photos on a SD card? They were taken with a digital camera if that makes a diff.
    I've been looking for a solution for this as well as recently mentioned in this thread! The problem is that the PalmOS does not support non-palm os file types like jpg, mp3 etc in Ram, and thus can only be stored on the SD card. The Treo Picture app can get around this because it packages the .jpg/.rab files as Palm database or .pdb files. In fact when you move pics from ram to the SD card, the Picture app converts the image pdb file to jpg. This is all great, but then there is no way to can't save it back to ram! AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $are$ $no$ $jpg$-$to$-$pdb$ $converters$ $for$ $PalmOS$ $natively$. $Most$ $apps$ $come$ $with$ $a$ $desktop$ $conduit$ $that$ $can$ $do$ $this$, $but$ $not$ $on$ $the$ $palm$ $itself$. $However$, $I$ $may$ $be$ $mistaken$ $and$ $some$ $one$ $please$ $correct$ $me$ $if$ $I$'$m$ $wrong$. $Anyway$, $the$ $point$ $is$ $that$ $the$ $Treo$ $Picture$ $app$ $can$ $only$ $share$ $pics$ $in$ $ram$ $which$ $must$ $be$ $in$ $pdb$ $format$. $Thus$ $there$ $are$ $a$ $few$ $workarounds$ $that$ $I$ $find$ $useful$:

1) One solution is to send pics on the SD card is via email attachments using client like snappermail etc. This of cource doesn't utilize the Treo600 picture share capability and thus might not be an attractive option if your main aim to to shar pics with other Spritn phones that don't have the capabilty of opening attachments on their phones...

2) Another method would be to use a desktop app to convert jpg to pdb and then transfer the image, but this is an awkward solution imo

3) The simplest solution may be to simply copy you pics to the Treo Pictures folder on your desktop. Place the pics in the transfer folder of your user name and the images should appear within the Picture app after the next hotsync presumably after it converts the image compatible with Treo Picture (i.e pdb format). You can then move the imge to the SD card after you share it. This IMO is the simplest solution but is limited by the Ram of the device...

Eidt: After some researchign I found out that Zlauncher can convert jpgs from the expansion card to prc files when converting them fo rbackround images. However, i don't know if thsi would be compatible with the Treo picture app...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 12/12/2003 at 06:25 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $are$ $no$ $jpg$-$to$-$pdb$ $converters$ $for$ $PalmOS$ $natively$. $Most$ $apps$ $come$ $with$ $a$ $desktop$ $conduit$ $that$ $can$ $do$ $this$, $but$ $not$ $on$ $the$ $palm$ $itself$. $However$, $I$ $may$ $be$ $mistaken$ $and$ $some$ $one$ $please$ $correct$ $me$ $if$ $I$'$m$ $wrong$....
    I'll take this opportunity to correct myself! I after playing around with Resco Photo Viewer, I found that the app can indeed natively convert jpeg to pdb files!! I already explained my impression in this thread. The only problem is that you can't seem to copy images from the SD card to the Treo Picture folder. So alas, soooo close but not quite enough. Anyway, I'm going to email Resco to see if they have a solution for this...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    ...get people to read my post?

Put a vague subject line and post it in the wrong forum (isn't there a forum for SD card-related questions?). I could be wrong...

As for my answer...snappermail handles this just fine.

NOTE: Sarcasm not intended to offend (some people are quite touchy around here, it seems)

HTH
    -Joe
    I just looked up every prgram mentioned here, and they all cost $20. $20 to view a picture on my treo? That's absurd.

Are there any FREE email programs that allow me to attach files...are their any FREE photo viewing programs out there?
    SplashPhoto, the basic version, comes free with the Treo 600
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Originally posted by heberman
    SplashPhoto, the basic version, comes free with the Treo 600
    Not on mine
    Originally posted by Kooldino

Not on mine
    Look on your installation CD or in your handspring/add-on folder. Hopefully, it will be in there.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Originally posted by heberman

Look on your installation CD or in your handspring/add-on folder. Hopefully, it will be in there.
    nope.