1.    #1  
    Is there a palm app that will allow me to just tap on a phone number I have written down in my date book/calendar without having to remember it and go and type it into the phone manually? I would bake cookies for you all if you could find one for me. THANKS!!!
    Originally posted by IHATECOMPUTERS
    Is there a palm app that will allow me to just tap on a phone number I have written down in my date book/calendar without having to remember it and go and type it into the phone manually? I would bake cookies for you all if you could find one for me. THANKS!!!
    Ummm....if you simply click on it via the nav pad, it will dial the number automatically...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    If what you mean is that you want to enter a number into the datebook and have it dial WITHOUT having to create a new contact entry, Takephone will to that (via the associated hack that comes with the app).

However, why is it so hard just to open a new contact and enter the phone number there? When you save it, all you have to do is select the number (tap on it or select via nav pad), and it will dial.

I like chocolate chip.
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Ummm....if you simply click on it via the nav pad, it will dial the number automatically...
    Errr....now you've got me wondering if I'm missing something. There doesn't seem to be any feature like this in the basic Calendar application. The closest thing I can find is the "phone lookup" option menu ...er, option (search for selected text in the Contacts applications, basically), but this doesn't actually work for phone numbers, only names. ("Phone lookup" is also an option in

In the straight-from-the-factory setup, I don't think there is any functionality like what IHATECOMPUTERS is talking about. (I'm perfectly happy to be wrong about this, of course.)
    I think the Funk misunderstood the question - IHC was asking about dialing numbers from within the calendar app. For example, I have a lunch with someone today, and in that calendar entry, I've written down that person's phone number - I <think> what IHC was asking is the ability to tap that phone number in that datebook entry and have it dialed
    (and I think GFunk's response was referring to just dialing from the address book - funkmeister, correct me if I'm wrong).

So back to the question - I think TakePhone or maybe some other apps might deliver what you want. In the old days of hacks, there was one called 'TapNDial' that would do that - or was it 'MarkDial' - ? Check out TakePhone...
    Is this a number assigned to a contact?

Is this a number from an incoming call?

For example, if it's assigned to a contact (whether it's a to-do, appt., or call) Agendus will do this for you. Just hit the 'phone' icon in the lower right corner and it will call up all numbers. Select one and it will dial for you.

Same thing with TAKEphONE. If it's amumber in your database, it will call for you. If it is from an incoming call, just select it and hit 'call' and it will dial for you.

Hope that helps ... Tom
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    How about double-tapping the number in datebook, copying it with command-c, pushing the phonebook button, and pasting with command-p. Done.
    Originally posted by DaveyDave
    How about double-tapping the number in datebook, copying it with command-c, pushing the phonebook button, and pasting with command-p. Done.
    Snap!Clip will automatically pop up the command bar (for you to tap the copy icons) after you highlight text on screen, saving the step of remembering the command stroke before switching to phone app and pasting

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/snap!clip.shtml
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!
    Has anyone tried MarknDial with TealMaster?
  10.    #10  
    I think daveydave's way is just fine. I just highlighted the number, menu-copy, go to the phone, menu-paste, then press dial. Great job; thanks! the cookies are in the oven as we speak.....

Markndial is what i wanted originally. The ability to highlight a phone number from any application and dial it automatically. But it doesn't work with the treo 600. Tried it with Tealmaster and no go. At least not yet; I saw another thread that said PDAPPS is working on a version for the 600 but it doesn't look like it's out yet. Is patience truly a virtue? It just seems to annoy me.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...bb7bfdfea.html
    Last edited by IHATECOMPUTERS; 12/14/2003 at 07:59 PM.
    I tried MnD with TM, too. No good. Tossed them both. Eventually, it appears, PDAPPs will update MnD. All their other sw will be, apparently.