1.    #1  
    I went to my local Best Buy store yesterday to review the Treo 600 for the first time. I must tell you that I am very dissapointed.
    After losing the local over-eager Sprint individual (or was he just looking at my legs? --- shifty eyes he had) I proceeded to operate the T6.
    As a developer and writer I find that I can not use this device. Three points, the keyboard is designed for very small (baby) fingers, the screen sensitivy is very poor and graffiti seems out of the question (very hard... leaves temporary indentation and marking, obscures other icons). Plus the screen size, the resolution is small and poor respectively. Thridly, I was really dissapointed with the no integration of a network interface/communication port.

I purchased a wireless ($67) keyboard to use with my Visor Prism, the T6 display area is smaller!
    This model can't never replace my notebook (Sony TR2a).

Oh well, T-mob does not need to hurry up with their service/offering of theT6 for me, I will wait until the price has come down to less than $300 and will use it then as for what it was designed as a wireless/radio phone and the integrated features of my Visor PDA.

As I walked towards the exit I could not help to think about of all the hype and the build-up expectations, something has died inside me. Good bye me.
    Well I am not a developer or writer but speaking as a general user, I am really happy with the form, the fit and functionality of the T-600. Is it everything that all of us would like to have? Probably not. Is it a perfect device? Probably not. Does it offer the convergence and convenience that I require. Absolutely. Until something better comes along I am very satisfied.

But that's the great thing about being a consumer. If you don't like it, you can always find something else that may better fit your individual needs.
    Well, I agree it isn't a laptop and that the Best Buy workers are not always the most informed (although the Sprint guy I meet at Best Buy had used computers before I had (i.e. pre-PDP-8)... but

Originally posted by melanie_seba

... snip ...

As a developer and writer I find that I can not use this device. Three points, the keyboard is designed for very small (baby) fingers, the screen sensitivy is very poor and graffiti seems out of the question (very hard... leaves temporary indentation and marking, obscures other icons).
    Huh? My fingers aren't that small, yet I found I could type reasonably well on the Treo 600 keypad. It may be disconcerting at first to press 3 keys somewhat simultaneously, but most of the time (95%+) the 'right' key is output.

The screen sensitivity seems the same as all the other palm screens I have used (Visor, Visor deluxe, Visor Pro, Visor Platinum, Treo 270). Did you calibrate the screen before useing it? (It was a display unit).

"Graffiti seems out of the question (very hard... leaves temporary indentation and marking..." Wow! How hard were you pushing on that poor screen? I use Graffiti Anywhere on my Treo without difficulty. The drawing on the screen is just as easy on either the 270 or the 600. If you were marking the screen, you definitely had a defective unit (or a really strong Starbucks coffee before getting to Best Buy).

Plus the screen size, the resolution is small and poor respectively. Thridly, I was really dissapointed with the no integration of a network interface/communication port.
    The resolution is the same as previous Treos and Visors. Not as good as some handhelds, but for the screen size (definitely small... but having it wider than your palm defeats the purpose) the resolution is a decent tradeoff for most to acheive a superior battery life and screen brightness.

I purchased a wireless ($67) keyboard to use with my Visor Prism, the T6 display area is smaller!
    This model can't never replace my notebook (Sony TR2a).
    OK... but you'll look silly with that laptop strapped to your belt

Oh well, T-mob does not need to hurry up with their service/offering of theT6 for me, I will wait until the price has come down to less than $300 and will use it then as for what it was designed as a wireless/radio phone and the integrated features of my Visor PDA.

As I walked towards the exit I could not help to think about of all the hype and the build-up expectations, something has died inside me. Good bye me.
    T-Mo... please send the unit reserved for Melanie to me...
    You say you went to Best Buy...did you have to try it out in the metal prison they put their phones in? If so, go to a place where you can free-hand one.

The kicker for me was the first time I dropped it into my pocket. It's no laptop, but then I can't carry a laptop in my pocket without getting more than a few stares.

For me, having all my sync'ed contacts, email, To dos, projects and even a few documents at hand (without having to do a 5min laptop setup) is a HUGE advantage...not to mention a few games and other nifty toys. (Dictionary, Books, Web, etc.)

-Rob
    Originally posted by jaytee
    The resolution is the same as previous Treos and Visors. Not as good as some handhelds, but for the screen size (definitely small... but having it wider than your palm defeats the purpose) the resolution is a decent tradeoff for most to acheive a superior battery life and screen brightness.
    I've been noticing that 160x160 is too poor a resolution to view italicized fonts. My phone has 176x208 and fonts are much easier to read comparatively, especially when italicized -- and the phone screen is quite a bit smaller than the Treo 600. It is 1 3/8" x 1 5/8".

Handspring should have upgraded the Blazer fonts if they could, because when I first saw a web page with italicized fonts I was mortified.