1.    #1  
    I signed up for Sprint's $5 a mo roaming on Verizon. I'm curious how many of you have done so?

I'm also wondering what kind of roaming arrangements has been setup between Sprint and Verizon. Does Sprint pay Verizon on a per call basis or is it you scratch my back I scratch yours kind of deal?
    I am currently using the service and as far as I can tell it works great. I've had great signal when traveling between Virginia and NY. I drove from Virginia to New Hampshire couple of weeks ago and I always had a signal when I wanted to make a call. So I think the $5 per month are good.

I'm not sure about the specific arrangements between Sprint and Verizon. Maybe someone can give you info on this.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Originally posted by cash70
    I am currently using the service and as far as I can tell it works great. I've had great signal when traveling between Virginia and NY. I drove from Virginia to New Hampshire couple of weeks ago and I always had a signal when I wanted to make a call. So I think the $5 per month are good.
    [...]
    Could you tell how often it was on roaming and how often it was on a Sprint signal?
    Hmmm...I didn't keep "track" of it. However, I do recall roaming in the Northern Maryland/Delaware area, near NY, in the mountain area of Massachusetts, and New Hampshire. There wasn't a single time that I went to use the phone and I didn't have a signal. But that doesn't mean that it was 100% available because again, I wasn't keeping track of it.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

5. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    i have it but haven't had a chance to see it in action yet. the one thing that caught me by surprise after i signed up for my $5/month is that you can only use 50% of your plan minutes with it. i purchased it primarily for vacations and business trips, so it may become an issue.
    Does this allow you to select the network you are on, or does it just fail over when you lose Sprint connectivity?

My T600 has shown 1-2 bars this week, but I just checked my call log - 17 outbound calls, none inbound, and 11 voicemails.

A co-worker has a full signal on Verizon.

I assume VeriChat, Vision, etc. wouldn't work.
    Clearly you are roaming on Verizon's digital network with your Treo, as the Treo has no analog capability. Did your data connection work? I have zero Sprint coverage at home but some Verizon coverage and supposedly that Verizon coverage is digital. It might be worth a try. Did adding that feature mess with your unlimited PCS data plan (if you have one)? I'd hate to kill my good deal (500 anytime minutes, unlimited data for $39.99).
    I know Kung Fu...
    Originally posted by RichS
    Does this allow you to select the network you are on, or does it just fail over when you lose Sprint connectivity?

I assume VeriChat, Vision, etc. wouldn't work.
    Not that I am aware of. It roams automatically since I have selected "Enable Digital Roaming" under the phone preferences.

I didn't try using Vision while calling, however, according to Sprint, "PCS Vision, Caller ID, Call Waiting, and other services will not be available".

Originally posted by wvutdre79
    Did your data connection work?

Did adding that feature mess with your unlimited PCS data plan (if you have one)? I'd hate to kill my good deal (500 anytime minutes, unlimited data for $39.99).
    I didn't try data while roaming. Just didn't think about it. The next time I go into roaming I will give it a try. But according to Sprint it doesn't work.

My plan did not change at all (2500 anytime minutes/shared, free second phone, free Vision Pro, unlimited PCS to PCS, unlimited night and weekends = $100.00 less 5% discount off total bill every month). They only added the additional $5.00 for the PCS Free and Clear option. So that should not be a problem at all.

cash70