Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by RayUSA
    AT&T
    600 anytime minutes; unlimited nights and weekends $39.95
    8 MB per month: $19.95
    (Unlimited Data: $64.95)

Does anyone have any ideas to what light, normal, and heavy usage is in MB for wireless data?
    where are you getting your AT&T plan rates from? The rates posted on the Handspring/PalmOne sight look like this:
    mLife National GSM 550 min - $39.99
    10MB - $29.99
    Total - $69.98

So thats 50 mins less and only 10MB (vs. unlimited) for $10 more than T-Mobile the way I see it.

As far as "normal" usage goes, I would think that I am an average data user (on my Treo 180) and I only use about 3MB per month on average. However, that is with Blazer 2 (running through Handsprings proxy server that reduces the graphic sizes) vs. Blazer 3 (on the Treo 600) that runs proxyless.

I would be curious to hear from Treo 600 users that have a month or two of surfing using the Blazer 3 browser. What is your average use per month?
    Originally posted by scheumanrj

where are you getting your AT&T plan rates from? The rates posted on the Handspring/PalmOne sight look like this:
    mLife National GSM 550 min - $39.99
    10MB - $29.99
    Total - $69.98

So thats 50 mins less and only 10MB (vs. unlimited) for $10 more than T-Mobile the way I see it.
    It's a web only special on AT&T's site, where you get an additional 50 min per month (PLUS a free vehicle power adapter) on the $39.99/550 plan.

AT&T Wireless National Plans

8MB - $19.99 mMode

I didn't think I'd use that much MB a month on my Treo, but Brownflem brought up a good point about using it as a wireless modem for laptops.

Decisions, decisions!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    There's also the whole debate about T-Mobile's T-Zones plan vs. the unlimited internet plan and precisely what you can do or not do with each. There's a few threads going on this, some people claim that the only things you can't do with T-Zones is FTP or VPN and certain other complex things (but web surfing, email and the like are just fine). You might want to check those threads out since there's an unlimited T-Zones package for $5 or something....
    Last edited by jennyfur; 12/05/2003 at 08:41 AM.
  4.    #24  
    Originally posted by RayUSA

It's a web only special on AT&T's site, where you get an additional 50 min per month (PLUS a free vehicle power adapter) on the $39.99/550 plan.

AT&T Wireless National Plans

8MB - $19.99 mMode

I didn't think I'd use that much MB a month on my Treo, but Brownflem brought up a good point about using it as a wireless modem for laptops.

Decisions, decisions!

so very true.....wireless modem for laptop yummmm unlimited more yumm!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12