1.    #1  
    I have owned the Treo 300 (Sprint) for almost a year and I am very happy with the email and organizer capabilities. While I love the data features, I have a few significant complaints about the Treo 300:

1. The phone drops calls often. I assume this partially stems from the fact that the Treo 300 is a single band phone only. I'm not sure if Sprint's roaming deal with Verizon works for the 300? Does the 600's Dual band capability improve signal strengh and reception? (btw, will the 300 roam on Verizon?)

2. The phone's speaker (non-speakerphone) is subpar at best. The 300 sounds good only with the headet. Has this improved in the 600 as Handspring claims in its marketing material

3. Form Factor -- The 300 is awkward as a phone. Is the 600 an improvement?

I live in NYC and travel frequently. I rarely use the Web on my Treo so this is not an important feature for me. The camera and mp3 player features also are unimportant to me.

Phone, organizer and email are most important to me.

I am considering purchasing either the Treo 600 or the Samsung i500. I would miss the keyboard, but the small size and Tri mode capability should make up for it.

Help!
    The 600 is a big upgrade where it concerns the phone features. I use the headset and speakerphone almost exclusively ... the speakerphone works much better - very clear at both ends.

I use the PDA a lot and email half dozen times a day. I'm very happy and think this is a great tool.
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by verizon
    Does the 600's Dual band capability improve signal strengh and reception? (btw, will the 300 roam on Verizon?)

->I had weak (1 bar to no bar) service at home w/ T300, 1 bar now w/ T600 but roams often. Overall sig strength observed in NYC has been similar to T300. Not what sytem I'm roaming on (is there a way to tell?).
    ----------------------
    2. The phone's speaker (non-speakerphone) is subpar at best. The 300 sounds good only with the headet. Has this improved in the 600 as Handspring claims in its marketing material

->T600 Speaker and speakerphone both BIG improvements.
    ----------------------------------
    3. Form Factor -- The 300 is awkward as a phone. Is the 600 an improvement?
    -> Big improvement. Nice size "tight" feel, a bit heavy is the only drawback.
    --------------------------
    Phone, organizer and email are most important to me.
    -> The T600 is a better phone than the T300. Better organizer (5 way nav + more memory). small keyboard works surprisingly well (I have large fingers). Email experience is the same for me since I use Snapper.

Go for it.
    No question, the T600 is a major move upwards from a T300. I have a T600 and my wife has the T300 both Vision Enabled but you can be sure that she has made it clear that she will have a T600 also.

Depending on how you intend to use it, the T600 is a more than capable device......and then some. Make the move, you will thank yourself for it.

bj1
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint