1.    #1  
    A quote from T-Mo rep: "Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile.
    At the end of Novemeber, we hope to launch support for the newest
    handset from Handspring, the Treo 600 smartphone. Please keep checking our
    website, www.T-Mobile.com for current and up to date information on
    this product."
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    I really hate waiting for them to release the T600, but what really bugs me is not knowing the reason why they are delaying. Seems to me that a simple explaination from either TMo or HS/Palm would go a long way with their combined client base.
    I finally had it with all the speculation this morning and went ahead and ordered the Cingular version. Seems that since everyone else is using it just fine...and it's not like it's being purchased through T-Mo anyway....wtf. <shrug>
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Alli
    I finally had it with all the speculation this morning and went ahead and ordered the Cingular version.
    Unfortunately Cingular has no service in my area.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    What difference does that make, it's unlocked? Actually, I didn't think I could get one either - same problem-but... When you buy it- just select the "Yes, I have a mobile phone plan- Cingular Wireless. Even though they don't have service in your Zip Code- just enter another Zip Code that does have their service. They don't know where you are actually using the phone- right? At least this is how I ordered mine with the upgrade.
    I'm not planning on switching to Cingular service. Just their 600 model. Gonna use my T-Mo sim in it. I just can't risk waiting another 2 weeks or more for T-Mo's branded version.
    I don't blame you Alli, if I was Moose I would do the same thing. Heck you can always cancel the order with HS- they are talking about a 2-4 week delivery time. I ordered the Cing and ATT. To be honest I think the unlocked is the way to go. One less chain around our necks!
    Ok... I'm not sure I'm follow this trial right. Are you syaing that you have ordered the Cingular version of the T600 off of the HS site (for $499) and that it will be unlocked so that you can use your TMobile SIM in it?

-Ron
    Originally posted by scheumanrj
    Ok... I'm not sure I'm follow this trial right. Are you syaing that you have ordered the Cingular version of the T600 off of the HS site (for $499) and that it will be unlocked so that you can use your TMobile SIM in it?

-Ron
    You are following correctly. The Cingular version ($399 on the upgrade) is unlocked and as attested by several threads here on TC is useable with a T-Mo sim card. Which is what I plan on doing. Especially glad as today is the promised date from T-Mo and no sign from them!
    who will you turn to for support then if you ever need it. I understood that all support would be from the carriers going forward. You won't be able to go to TMo cause they won't support the Cng phone and you can't go to Cng cause you are not a customer.... right?