1.    #1  
    Before my Treo600 I had a Samsung A500 which was a trimode phone. I travel to visit a friend that lives in the middle of no where. I didn't expect my Treo600 to work in this small town. To my shock, the phone did work. When I owned the A500 it would roam in analog. The treo roams in digital. Anybody know that if the roaming is different on the treo versus the a500? Could this be due to roaming agreements spring has setup within the last couple of weeks?

Just curious as why the treo roams in digital, but the a500 would always roam in analog.
    The t600 cant do analog.
    I don't go looking for trouble. It comes looking for me.
  3.    #3  
    yep. ..i knew the treo was an all digital phone, but was just curious why it would work in digital mode when my other sprint phone switched to analog roam
    Could it be because your other phone was single band,
    while the T600 is Dual Band
    Originally posted by dsam99
    yep. ..i knew the treo was an all digital phone, but was just curious why it would work in digital mode when my other sprint phone switched to analog roam
    It has to do with how strong the signal is. Multi-band phones typically look for the strongest signal they can get. If there's a very weak digital signal and strong analog signal, it will switch over. So the a500 switched over but the Treo wouldn't because it has no analog mode to go to. Perhaps if it did, it would switch over as well.