1.    #1  
    After waiting for GSM version fro some time I came to realization that I do not really need Treo 600. I have SonyEriccson T616 phone with blietooth, Mac with bluetooth and Clie TG-50. It all works very nicely together: I do hotsync via bluetooth (all 3), dial numbers and send SMS via bluetooth from my Clie, etc. While it is nice to have combined phone/PDA it is not necessary. So I just ordered Clie UX-50 which is amazing PDA with bluetooth and WIFI, big high-res screen and comfortable keyboard. Also it is quite small (smaller that TG-50 I currently have).

I must admit that GSM delay influenced my decision.
    Originally posted by krokodil
    After waiting for GSM version fro some time I came to realization that I do not really need Treo 600. I have SonyEriccson T616 phone with blietooth, Mac with bluetooth and Clie TG-50. It all works very nicely together: I do hotsync via bluetooth (all 3), dial numbers and send SMS via bluetooth from my Clie, etc. While it is nice to have combined phone/PDA it is not necessary. So I just ordered Clie UX-50 which is amazing PDA with bluetooth and WIFI, big high-res screen and comfortable keyboard. Also it is quite small (smaller that TG-50 I currently have).

Good riddance.

I hope this is the last we see of you here, and any other tearful babies who seem personally insulted that a company might experience a delay releasing a hi-tech electronic device.

I hope you have found your binky, and you now feel better.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Well put.
  4.    #4  
    I have no problem with delay. In fact I am glad they had it: it gave me a chance to reflect and understand what I really need instead of impulsively buying over-hyped product.

As to people who pissed off by delay, you must understand that one of the sources of their frustration is not in delay itselft but in the fact that people in europe and asia could have GSM version while US customers are excluded. It is not that GSM model does not exists: it does exists, you are just not allowed to buy it!
    I have no problem with delay. In fact I am glad they had it: it gave me a chance to reflect and understand what I really need instead of impulsively buying over-hyped product.
    Over-hyped by who? Not Handspring. I have not seen any commercials or adds yet from them. The hype around this product has been from tech reviewers and they are giving it credit and saying it is the best smartphone available. Users on this board are hyping it because it is a great product. Sure it is not perfect, but I would rather have a single device than two to get the same job done, and Clies are very expensive.
    ...Clie UX-50 which is amazing PDA with ... big high-res screen and comfortable keyboard...
    I looked at this at a store the other day and, well, the screen was small. Better take another look. Not that it isn't a slick piece of ueber-geek-ware.
    Originally posted by ToonFan
    Good riddance.
    I hope this is the last we see of you here, and any other tearful babies who seem personally insulted that a company might experience a delay releasing a hi-tech electronic device.
    Jeeeeez. There's such thing as freedom of speech, if nothing else. Just relax.
    Oh, and I do love my Treo
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain

Good riddance.

Whoa!! Chill out there folks! it's perfectly reasonable for people to choose different devices! To each his own IMO...

Anyway, I think the UX50 is a damned slick machine. However, the reason I didn't get it b/c its sooo expensive, i just couldn't justify spending almost $700 bucks on a device that didn't even include a phone! That plus the awesome deal I got with my T600, and was no a no brainer for me...anyway good luck with your UX50!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by m00se

Jeeeeez. There's such thing as freedom of speech, if nothing else. Just relax.
    Oh, and I do love my Treo
    I have a right not to hear babies crying.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.

I have a right not to hear babies crying.
    No you don't.

You have a right to not read his posts, or anyone else's posts you don't agree with.
    The Treo 600 GSM is available outside the US. Perhaps all you GSM folks should be applying heat to the carriers, not HS

Or join us at Sprint & get a different problem -- Sprint Customer Service -- the ultimate oxymoron!

Unlike some of the others I say good luck and best wishes, for me I'm still waiting for my GSM Treo 600, Its still the best solution for me. If another solution would present itself before the T600 GSM release I would jump ship as well.

I'm not holding my breath, T600 is sweeeeeeeeeat!
    No good deed goes unpunished
    If Sprint had decided to carry the Kyo 7135 I would have bought it. Now that the Treo 600 came out I'm glad I was forced to wait!
    Hey, If three devices suit you better than one --- go for it.
    To each his own!

At least we know this person actually OWNS some kind of device, unlike some Purple & Often Visitors who spend thier whole lives being crybabies!

"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
    -Mako in Conan the Barbarian, (tho not the only one!)
    Originally posted by speclcajun
    If Sprint had decided to carry the Kyo 7135 I would have bought it. Now that the Treo 600 came out I'm glad I was forced to wait!
    Hey, If three devices suit you better than one --- go for it.
    To each his own!

At least we know this person actually OWNS some kind of device, unlike some Purple & Often Visitors who spend thier whole lives being crybabies!

"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
    -Mako in Conan the Barbarian, (tho not the only one!)
    Amen on the purple thing.
    Give the original poster some slack. He made a reasoned decision, not: "OMFG!!!1111one The Treo is TEH XBOX HUUGE AND TEH GHEY SUCK!!!!!"

I am glad I waited not to buy the Clie UX-50. I came sooooo close, but the Treo was in stock at Best Buy when I traded in my e740. Quite pleased.

Tapwave Zodiac calling me - as a complement, not a replacement.