1.    #1  
    I hope this doesn't sound to dumb, but what is the easiest and safest way to transfer my programs and data from my treo 300 to my treo 600?

Can I just install the software that came with the 600, and will it install into the old handspring subdirectory? or will it create a new directory of it's own?

I would like to use the same username on the 600 as I had on the 300.

Once the new palm desktop is installed, are there any files I should delete or rename?

Or can I just hotsync?

Sorry If I sound to pathetic. I've just never done this before, and I really don't want to mess this up.

Many thanks for any help on this.
    HOTSYNC your 300 to backup your data.

Install the Palm software - it should install in the same directory (if it chooses a different directory, just navigate to the directory where you origianlly installed the software).

HOTSYNC your 600 - this will automatically restore the data to your 600 (your 600 should be unused - ie. have no user name associated with it - if it does, hard-reset the 600 before you restore).

After the restore, your 600 will have the same username as your 300 - oh, and the same data
    www.gsmworld.com
    Remember ..when installing the new desktop software. It will attemp to kick out the titles that are not compatible with the upgraded OS.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!