Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I notice on my Spring phones such as sph - 300, treo 600 and non-pda phones that when I make a call, the phone goes into roam mode. But if I turn off the phone from being able to go into roam mode, the phone will find a S[romg network. It is not right to get charged for roam mode when the Sprint signal is available.

Everybody turn off your Roam. If you can't get a Sprint Signal, then turn it back on to see if you can get roam mode.
    Originally posted by bklabel
    I notice on my Spring phones such as sph - 300, treo 600 and non-pda phones that when I make a call, the phone goes into roam mode. But if I turn off the phone from being able to go into roam mode, the phone will find a S[romg network. It is not right to get charged for roam mode when the Sprint signal is available.

Everybody turn off your Roam. If you can't get a Sprint Signal, then turn it back on to see if you can get roam mode.
    It does that because the phone is programmed to find the strongest available signal. So if you could get a Sprint signal the equivalent of 1 bar but a Verizon signal the equivalent of 4 bars, it will go to Verizon. If you don't want to roam, just turn off roaming.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I would like the option to see each signal strengh and then choose which I wish to use.

I don't like the idea of the phone and Sprint programmers making the decision for me.

Thanks for the information.