1.    #1  
    Hi, I hear back from the NY times, the latest news address for them on the t600 is wap.nytimes.com. When the site comes up, choose form waht k9ind of news you want, it wills eem that only one choice will show up, however, if you click on the drop down arrow many more stories will show up! take care, jay
    ...not much good ... all the stories I tried were just a couple of sentences followed by "for full story visit www.nytimes.com" :\
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    There's a great NY Times channel on Avantgo...just add it and it syncs automatically...

the best
  4.    #4  
    i just called the ny times and asked them, or I should say I left them a message, so we will see what they say, take care, jay
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Jay,

Download the Avantgo client from avantgo.com. Sign up for an account (totally free) and then add the New York Times as a channel once the Avantgo client is installed.

It gives you Front Page, Business and Technology sections and full stories under each of those...
  6.    #6  
    Hi, if u do not mind the disorganization of the page you can just go to ny times regualr acct nytimes.com and it is a bit hard to read but yoou can bring up the entire site that is available on a desktop or laptop computer. The problem is that balzer has a problem in trying to resize it. I have avantgo, but i also want o abe able to read the entire paper just as u would see it online! I will report any porgress that is if I make any with NYT! thansk Jay
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  8.    #8  
    thank you x 1 million!!!! take care, jay ps u will love your treo 600 when you get yours!
    I used to love AvantGo when I had a Visor. Then by the time I got my Treo AvantGo had not added support for Mac OSX. I think they are loosing a great deal of Mac/palm/Treo potential.
    -mbd26
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    https://my.avantgo.com/account/downloads.html

There is a .sit file for OSX so it looks like Avantgo supports you...

Proceed!
    Ah.. I see. It is not the synch-type AvantGo, but you are right that I can use that Palm OS Client to Download AvantGo pages using my phone. Costs my data units, though. I'd prefer the synch-type updater.

Cheers,
    -mbd26
    Originally posted by mbd26
    I used to love AvantGo when I had a Visor. Then by the time I got my Treo AvantGo had not added support for Mac OSX. I think they are loosing a great deal of Mac/palm/Treo potential.
    Indeed. They are probably missing both of you.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    There aren't two different clients...just one...The Avantgo client has both online and offline capabilities...works great, and the new one for OS5 doesn't crash the device like the 4.2 version did...

Download it and install it...you can sync the NYT channel through the USB cable before you leave for the day and read stories in "OFFLINE" mode all day long...

Cheers,

Phil
    Originally posted by phildro
    There aren't two different clients...just one...The Avantgo client has both online and offline capabilities...works great, and the new one for OS5 doesn't crash the device like the 4.2 version did...

Download it and install it...you can sync the NYT channel through the USB cable before you leave for the day and read stories in "OFFLINE" mode all day long...

Cheers,

Phil
    Yes. Now that I think about it, Avantgo is desktop operating system agnostic. It does not care if one is on Mac, Linux, or PC as long as what you are on (Mac or PC) will sync to the Treo. (Speaking of that, is there any Linux support for the Palm OS?)
    Originally posted by mbd26
    Ah.. I see. It is not the synch-type AvantGo, but you are right that I can use that Palm OS Client to Download AvantGo pages using my phone. Costs my data units, though. I'd prefer the synch-type updater.

Cheers,
    One more time. Avantgo does not know or care if you are on Windows or Mac OS.

The only thing that cares about that is Palm OS. If you can sync your Treo to your Mac, then your Mac will sync you to Avantgo.

[On either Sprint of T-Mobile you should seriously consider an unlimited data plan. These plans dramatically increase the value of the Treo.

I am on the Acela between NY and Washington. I am using my Treo to connect my PC to the Internet. I am not worried about minutes or data units.]