1.    #1  
    My ISP is Time Warner's Roadrunner. (cable). I cannot send email with their pop 3 server, (smtp-server.satx.rr.com) I can receive just fine though. I was told it was because I am not logged on to their network via the T600. Is there another smtp server that I can use to send my mail?? thanks!
    enable authentication for the smtp server.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    enable authentication for the smtp server.
    From the Treo 300 forum, most times it still won't work. Try using smtp.sprintpcs.com as outgoing server. Works most of the time.
    Also try Fastmail.fm. THey charge a one time $15 fee, but then you can use their smtp servers forever...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    If I use sprints, do I have to use my username and password? I have no clue what my password is, it was assigned during provisioning.
    Originally posted by nospleen
    If I use sprints, do I have to use my username and password? I have no clue what my password is, it was assigned during provisioning.
    Yes. The purpose of smtpauth is to ensure that the identity of the sender is known.

As a rule, one uses the smtp server of the ISP to which one is logged on. These ISPs can associate you with a permanent (credit) identity. In that event, one does not need any additional authentication. In order to avoid anonymous spam. Most ISPs permit their smtp servers to be used only by those logged on to them. Most ISPs provide such an smtp server.

T-Mobile does not operate an smtp server. They recommend that you use webmail at your ISP to send mail. Of course few webmail applications can be used at all, much less efficiently, via Blazer. Therefore, I use smtpauth at my popmail service provider. Most e-mail services do provide an smtpauth service. You can contact their support desks to find out how to use them.
    Originally posted by whmurray
    T-Mobile does not operate an smtp server. They recommend that you use webmail at your ISP to send mail. Of course few webmail applications can be used at all, much less efficiently, via Blazer. Therefore, I use smtpauth at my popmail service provider. Most e-mail services do provide an smtpauth service. You can contact their support desks to find out how to use them.
    t-mo may not tell you about it, but they have one: myemail.t-mobile.com
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Felipe

t-mo may not tell you about it, but they have one: myemail.t-mobile.com
    Outgoing?
    Originally posted by whmurray

Outgoing?

yes, smtp.

I use it to send mail with snapper.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.