1.    #1  
    Can we use PQAs with the Treo 600? It wasn't possible with the 300 unless we downloaded extra software.

How about regular AOL, can we use that?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by Stockexchanger
    Can we use PQAs with the Treo 600? It wasn't possible with the 300 unless we downloaded extra software.

How about regular AOL, can we use that?

Thanks!
    how about a search for pqa ??

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/search.php?s=

wow only 9 threads talking about it
    You know flaming people for "not using search" is lame. Ownership of a Treo involves asking LOTS of questions, participating and reading user forums such of this one extensively. Lots of people have the same problem with PQAs. I use several PQAs on my 300 and would like to get a *solution* on this as well. Maybe some entrepreneur developer will see the demand out there and address this apparent shortcoming of OS 5.
    That was hardly a flame. Please try to search for answers before asking a question as the post volume can crowd out questions that haven't been answered before. Thankyou.
    Dear Paul, I am with you, my 1st posting on this site, was also my 1st time using a treo 300 an my 1st time even holding a palm or any handheld. The 1st responce I got was very rude and almost didn't come back to the site. However, that person hardly ever psots anymore and for the most part, the very most part, the people her are great!! take care, jay
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    what is it with you hollier than thou do a search guys?? instead of posting a useless comment like that, why don't you put a helpful link to where the info is posted. then instruct on HOW you found that info by doing a search. not everyone that uses these boards is as savvy as everyone else, and since you obviously are on the board 24/7 and know EVERY answer you could actually help others instead of insulting them.

"and THAT'S flaming your ***"
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for sticking up for me guys!
    I actually would have done a search, but figured the 600 was so new that nothing would be up there. I answered that question many times for people who had a 300 back when they came out, and forwarded numerous copies of the software to people who needed it. I haven't spent much time on these boards since I got my 300 over a year ago. I did look at the first couple of pages before asking that question and didn't see my question addressed, so I just posted it.
    If it bothers you to see a question asked more than once, why not just ignore it? This is all supposed to be good natured and amicable, people helping other people.
    Why take extra time just to be mean. I don't get it.
    If you were not trying to be mean there are lots of other nicer ways to point people to older applicable posts.

Not a great idea to treat people like that and then post your personal website where you try to drum up business.

Donna
    Originally posted by Stockexchanger
    Not a great idea to treat people like that and then post your personal website where you try to drum up business.
    If you are referring to me, you will see there is no "business" to drum up and that I don't think I've updated it in a year! Please search before posting questions, regardless of whether you like my bad website.
    Pardon me interjecting in this fine discussion with a real answer to the opening post :-) God, I can be righteous.

Palm OS 5 does not support PQAs and was not intended to do so. So the answer is no - forget it. PQA technology is useful but aged. The writing is on the wall for PQAs.

On a related topic, Hacks dont work either on Palm OS 5.x except for a limited porting via TealMaster for some hacks.

On the bright side, some hybrid applications like AOL 1.1 which have portions which are web clipping applications seem to work OK on 600 except for that portion which is web clipping (My AOL).
    Originally posted by randyg
    what is it with you hollier than thou do a search guys?? instead of posting a useless comment like that, why don't you put a helpful link to where the info is posted. then instruct on HOW you found that info by doing a search. not everyone that uses these boards is as savvy as everyone else, and since you obviously are on the board 24/7 and know EVERY answer you could actually help others instead of insulting them.

"and THAT'S flaming your ***"
    First of all, one of the main points of forum etiquette is to first search the forums for an answer before posting a question! By not doing so you increase the clutter and "noise" on an already busy forum, thereby making it more difficult for eveyone else to participate. That being said, once I noticed that the first poster was a newbie, I would have instructed them to do a search and also provided a link to a useful thread. But that does not mean asking them to do a search was discourteous!

Btw, here's a useful thread on the subject and some possible work arounds including a unpqa tool...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...light=pqa.html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    THE PROBLEM IS THAT 2 MANY PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SAY PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING POLITLY! ESP. IF U R A NEWBIE! TAKE CARE, JAY
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    increase the clutter and "noise" on an already busy forum
    the "do a search" posts do more to increase the clutter and noise than repetetive questions. Better to just ignore them and they will quickly drift out of page 1. The author might try to get it back to the top by entering a one word reply "bump" to move it to the top, but ignoring that also may cause the author to do a search.

on topic: pqa's aren't needed anymore. bookmark a couple good portals like plinkit and smallsites and you instantly have access to hundreds of websites formatted for a small screen.
    David