1.    #1  
    Is anyone getting screwed by the circuit city advantage warranty?
    My T 300 is now dead again and the only thing they will do is send me a refurbed T 300 unit. This will be my 5th one. Perhaps someone has some tips for dealing with this matter? I know some of you have already gone through this.
    I bought the warranty as well. I was told that if at any time the device did not perform to my satisfaction, I could walk into any CC and get a refund toward anything in the store.

Now they tell me that they have the right to change the terms of the contract, and that I have to send it in to somebody to be assessed, and that they will then send me the same handset back. when I pushed, they told me that they could authorize the rebate of my warranties that I paid.

This is because of people abusing the system, just as they are now abusing the serial number upgrade!
    I ran into the same issue with CC. First, I went to the store with my dead treo. They told me I had to call the 800#. I told the store manager, "That wasn't the policy I was sold." After a half hour of bickering back and forth I left the store in disgust, a defeated man. I called the 800# and they didn't have any T300's in stock, nor anything comparable. They said it could be 3 weeks before they get anything in. I told them that was not acceptable and I need a phone today. I asked them what they could do for me today. The rep told me to go and work with a store manager. So I called a different store and talked with the manager. I explained the situation which he spent a good 4 hours verifying after we hung up. To make a long story short he eventually got an authorization from his district manager to offer me an instore credit for the original purchase price. I jumped at the offer and drove to the store immediately before they had a chance to change their minds. Be persistent, preferably over the phone. It's nonconfrontational and I think they are more apt to help you over the phone. It also gives them time to talk to district. Both managers told me they couldn't authorize a refund, so I told them to get somebody on the phone that could. Goodluck
    Originally posted by jackdaniels
    I ran into the same issue with CC. First, I went to the store with my dead treo. They told me I had to call the 800#. I told the store manager, "That wasn't the policy I was sold." After a half hour of bickering back and forth I left the store in disgust, a defeated man. I called the 800# and they didn't have any T300's in stock, nor anything comparable. They said it could be 3 weeks before they get anything in. I told them that was not acceptable and I need a phone today. I asked them what they could do for me today. The rep told me to go and work with a store manager. So I called a different store and talked with the manager. I explained the situation which he spent a good 4 hours verifying after we hung up. To make a long story short he eventually got an authorization from his district manager to offer me an instore credit for the original purchase price. I jumped at the offer and drove to the store immediately before they had a chance to change their minds.
    I had a similar experience, except a took me about a month of waiting without having a phone to be mad enough to demand that they give me store credit, which they finally did.

Funny thing is they sent me the replacement treo in the mail about a week after that....and I still have it. Anyone know what happens if I don't send it back?
    They made sure I cancelled my replacement order before I recieved the store credit. They told me that they would charge me for the replacement if I recieved it.
    I had the same problem with Circuit not wanting to give me the store credit I was promised and was offered a replacement (refurb) through the 800 #. I did a lot of complaining and although I didn't get anyone to authorize taking it back for store credit, I am receiving a full refund on the warranty since I was still within the first year of purchase and had not used the warranty yet. Also, they sent me a big fat gift card for my "troubles". So, although I am still dissapointed with Circuit, in the end I actually made out a little better since I was able to sell the phone to someone and everything added up to more than the amount I would have received in a store credit. Plus, now only a part of it is tied up in a credit and the rest is back in my pocket.
    Me too - I have $450 tied up i a circuit city credit/gift card. Any ideas on how to convert that to cold hard cash ?
    Originally posted by SprintTreoUser
    I had the same problem with Circuit not wanting to give me the store credit I was promised and was offered a replacement (refurb) through the 800 #. I did a lot of complaining and although I didn't get anyone to authorize taking it back for store credit, I am receiving a full refund on the warranty since I was still within the first year of purchase and had not used the warranty yet. Also, they sent me a big fat gift card for my "troubles". So, although I am still dissapointed with Circuit, in the end I actually made out a little better since I was able to sell the phone to someone and everything added up to more than the amount I would have received in a store credit. Plus, now only a part of it is tied up in a credit and the rest is back in my pocket.
    I just looked at this thread and am wondering how you sold a phone that wasn't working. What am I missing here?