Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    The speaker on my just arrived Treo 600 sounds tinny and when I shake the phone, there is something rattling around inside. Is this typical or a defect? Sprint telesales said to take it to a local Sprint store, have it checked out, and if its defective, to send it back. Kind of disappointing. BCA
    Originally posted by BCA2812
    The speaker on my just arrived Treo 600 sounds tinny and when I shake the phone, there is something rattling around inside. Is this typical or a defect?
    If something was rattling around in the $500 investment I just made, I would say that there is something wrong with it!!!!!!!!!!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    It appears to be a defective unit.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Received the second Treo today and the first one with the tinny speaker and the rattle inside was definitely defective. Its wrapped up and ready to be returned. The second Treo is solid as a rock. BCA
    I think I may have the same problem as well, with the bad speaker. I get crackling during certain ringtones and parts of ringtones and sounds. I thought it just came with a crap speaker, being so small and everything.

Is any kind of crackling abnormal? It is bad on ringtones like Arabesque, or ones with any kind of bass sound. I have my phone volume set at 4 or 5 normally, and it gets annoying during some sounds. There is also a slight loose rattle in my phone, and it doesn't sound like this is normal, so maybe I should take it back and have em test it. Maybe they can do a compare with another phone? I hope I don't get a hard time from the store I purchased the phone from.

I will be back with an update in a day or two. Replies are more than welcome.

Aaron
    A couple days ago I took my Treo 600 back to the Sprint store and the speaker was bad. They let me exchange it for a new one. I'm very happy now.

Aaron