1.    #1  
    For GSM treos, is it possible to send sms through the gprs connection without having a sms bucket?

Does anyone know if this will be possible with the gsm Treo 600?
    There does seem to be various sms via gprs apps out there, all (that ive found) seem to charge, but usually less than half the price of sms (depoends on package).

Im using a Treo 600 GSM on Orange here in the uk.

Currently trying to use MobiSMS, (java app, needs the J2 pack), but cant get it to accept my loggin!

STill, in theory should work...

If anybody knows of any better / FREE ways of doing this, i too would DEARLY love to know!
    *******Treo 600 on GSM Orange UK*******
    Firmware: 03.04
    Software: Treo600-1.12/1030/03...
    Hardware: B
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I think there is a Linux SMS gateway that might let you do SMS over GPRS, but it has to be set up on a network that is accessible to the internet. I haven't played with this yet, but it could be pretty cool.
    Mike
    all i do is go to www.tmobile.com using blazer and use the send SMS feature they have on their website. works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramtaajogi
    all i do is go to www.tmobile.com using blazer and use the send SMS feature they have on their website. works fine.

Only drawback to that is you can only send a sms to another T-Mo user. What if your goal is to send to a Sprint, Verizon, Cingular, or (god forbid!) Orange UK recipient?
    Looking at the Network settings on my Treo 600, I'm thinking - is it possible to set up a connection for sms that uses GPRS rather than (insert what ever it should be usually - cant check at mo) then set that as the sms connection?

Bit of a techi one me thinks, but possible?
    *******Treo 600 on GSM Orange UK*******
    Firmware: 03.04
    Software: Treo600-1.12/1030/03...
    Hardware: B