1.    #1  
    I was having trouble earlier today receiving calls, it was going to voice mail or busy all the time... I noticed that above the signal strength meter was arrows with green bars. I just looked it up in the book and it says it is for data services and no calls can be received.. That explains it but....

How can I make sure I'm not using the data services and that everything is off and I'm able to receive calls?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Josh
    Welcome to Sprint! You might search for the answer on the Treo 300 boards, where this has been discussed a great deal.

Bottom line: There IS no way to prevent missing voice calls if data services are active (green arrows).

-m
  3.    #3  
    I'll head over to the 300 boards.. Thanks for the tip..

I can understand that there is no way to miss the calls if you're on, but I didn't even know I WAS on.. Is there some kind of button or app that I can use to close anything that would be running?

I come from the PocketPC world where even though you "X" out of an app, it stays running. Is it like this on Palm apps as well?

Thanks

Josh
  4.    #4  
    I just checked out the 300 boards for a while.. Couldn't find any answer.. Can you point me to a thread?

Thanks

Josh

PS.. As soon as I leave this message and go back to the 300 board, I'm sure it will pop out at me..
    You have to disconnect. To do this, press the 'Home' button and a menu will drop down. Press D and a small box with the word 'Disconnecting' will appear. When you press the Home key, don't use the Option Key (blue button).

You also may want to check your email settings. When I first got my 300 I was polling for email every 15 minutes and it seems that's when people called. Always went to vm.

I have data enabled most of the day and I miss few calls now. Just need to check your arrows and see if they go from green to gray. When they're gray, you'll get calls.

Hope this helps ... Tom
    also, go in to your blazer settings and make sure you check to disconnect when exiting...otherwise you'll stay connected and miss your calls.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by mo-bile
    also, go in to your blazer settings and make sure you check to disconnect when exiting...otherwise you'll stay connected and miss your calls.

I don't see this in preferences.. Am I missing it?

Josh
    Originally posted by JoshFink

I don't see this in preferences.. Am I missing it?

Josh
    I don't have my 600 yet, but on the 300 once in blazer, pull down the menu, click options, and then blazer preferences. There, there is a box to disconnect upon exit. It's in the blazer preferences, not the device preferences.
  9.    #9  
    Yeah.. That's where I checked... Maybe someone else knows where it is on here..

What I've been doing is when I get off the web I make a call out and then hang up.. Seems to be working.

Thanks

Josh
    it has nothing to do with data connections, he will only miss calls if he is transferring data, so if he is in the call menu its not that, this happened to me as well when i got my 300, they told me it was a programming error and i had to go back and have it reprogrammed.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    I received a voice call while surfing the web. A pop-up window opened asking me if I wanted to accept the call or not. I answered yes and took the call.

I can not say whether or not the T600 was actively sending/receiving data.

PKPaul
    This is a very, very important issue for me.

When -- exactly -- is it that a CDMA phone using data cannot get a call? Is it just for the few seconds that the data is being sent/received?

In other words, if someone calls at 7:00:00 and I happen to be downloading email at that time, but the data stops being received at 7:00:02, does the call get to me? Or does it get dumped right into voicemail at 7:00:00.

This seems like a major limitation of the CDMA Treo 600.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    And I thought losing data connection is bad (gsm via sidekick). This sounds a whole lot worse. You would think they would have fixed this by now. Sheesh. I can't get away from problems. First is GSM being a dead zone in my house, making all calls go to vm. Now I am hearing that I can't get calls in SPCS as well due to this data prob???
    Potatoho on this board had an app for the T300 called Treo Helper that automatically disconnected Vision after a designated time frame with no activity. It does not seem to work with the T600 though. Potatoho, any plans to make the app work for the T600?
    Carl
    I have just ordered my new Treo 600. Part of the reason I am upgrading from the 300 is that I read it is supposed to give you a pop-up with the option to answer an incoming call if you get one WHILE using Vision data services. Is this not true?
    Originally posted by CarlGalgano
    Potatoho on this board had an app for the T300 called Treo Helper that automatically disconnected Vision after a designated time frame with no activity. It does not seem to work with the T600 though. Potatoho, any plans to make the app work for the T600?
    I've loaded it in the simulator and it doesn't blow up or anything, and the API should be forward compatible. That being said, I have been told by one user that the SMS section is not working properly. That's a tough area to test in the simulator, and I'll have to wait until I get a 600 myself. (waiting for the GSM version).
    Originally posted by mo-bile

I don't have my 600 yet, but on the 300 once in blazer, pull down the menu, click options, and then blazer preferences. There, there is a box to disconnect upon exit. It's in the blazer preferences, not the device preferences.

There isn't this option on Blazer 3 (Web) for the Treo 600. They took it out for some reason.