1.    #1  
    I remember on the original Treo 180 rollout, that the lucky first users were from Europe. This time, the initial orders seem to be flowing in the US. Wondering what is happening on the other side of the pond regarding Treo 600?

Presumably some Treocentral participants tried to place Orange orders. Is anyone close to getting their hands on a Treo 600 in Europe? What is Orange telling people who are placing orders with them?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t36694/s.html

it started quite promising, but got worse day by day.........
    Originally posted by armitage
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t36694/s.html

it started quite promising, but got worse day by day.........
    I agree with this. For the first few weeks it looked as though we in the UK would be getting the 600 weeks before anyone in the US. Since then, however, there has been a distinct lack of information - very few of the mobile phone website have much information on dates. In fact the only one I've found is www.mobileshop.co.uk, who state availability the week commencing 6th Oct. Well, here we are in that week, and my order (placed last Friday) is still reporting "stock problems". Not only that, but there are rumours that stock in the UK has been recalled due to some fault or other.

The various Orange shops I have contacted have no information about the phone beyond what it says in their latest brochure - certainly no idea on price or availability, and an e-mail from mobileshop in response to various questions of mine today merely says that Orange have a bad reputation for rolling out new products, and they have no idea exactly when they will get the phone.

All in all, I'm not a happy bunny, but at least I didn't get rid of my current phone and organiser as some people seem to have done.

I'll just have to keep monitoring.
    I have seen a post somewhere on this board from a guy who claims to have seen a T600 in an orange store in Birmingham, in the new bullring complex. Might give them a call later.
    Expansys claim they will have sim free units by the end of the month. Im just going to wait till the orange shops get them in, ive lost all confidence in the online outlets now.
    Helpfull response from handspring uk!!

COMMENTS:
    Can you give me a specific release date for the treo 600 in uk? I have contacted orange and many distributors but no-one can be specific.
    Thanks

RESPONSE:
    We are very sorry that we cannot answer your question at this moment.

All new product information will be posted first on our web site:
    www.handspring.co.uk

Should you have further questions do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Handspring Customer Service
    Just spoke to the Orange store in Leicester. They said there was a fault with the first batch of Treo 600s they received and that they had been recalled. She had no idea when the next batch would be in.

Depressing!

Lazybird
    Online retailers have had the UK Orange Treo for a week now.

I think the shops will have them sometime next week.
    I have had mt Orange Treo 600 since Friday.

Sure this is not the fastest palm in the world - it benchmarks in the Tungsten T area and whilst playing MP3's don't expect to have a game of GTS racing, some thing my ancient Clie n770c with its audio co-processor could handle, but it is fast enough, playing Kinoma movies well and Pocket Tunes is a nice freebie

The screen is bright, but not as sharp and high res as I am used to on Sony devices, but it is small enough that it can't be far off from the DPI of Pocket PC devices. It suffices.

The camera is so-so, I think my Kodak Palm Pix attached to my Palm IIIc took better snaps, but the camera is there for the networks, not me.

What is so fantastic about the Treo 600 is that it works. The browser works. The SMS application works. The phone functions work. The email works. The free 32Mb memory card (thanks Orange) works. All out of the box, plain and simple. The joy I have felt is equal to my fist Palm III.

The funny thing is my Treo 600 cost be exactly the same as my Palm III, 99, that is 33% less than the Tungsten T|E, and that includes an extra 32Mb of Expansion. Taking into account inflation this is the cheapest Palm I have ever bought.
    I've had my Orange T600 since Friday 17th. Paid 249 as upgrade. Noticed X-Master and Fonthack 123 don't work anymore but I can live with this. I can now retreive my e-mails from NTLWorld; I couldn't do this on my 270.

Paul
    I don't understand the problem - Orange has plenty in stock, and the Bullring store told me last week that they would be selling theirs last Wednesday.

I've had mine for a week and it's great!
    Hey Guys.

What is the price the Treo 600 ?

Can it be purchsed as unlocked ?
    Expansys UK are selling the 600 for 438.52, presumably sim free, although they say they won't have sim free stocks until the end of October.

Try this
    http://www.expansys.com/d_palm.asp

Paul
    Originally posted by paulf
    I can now retreive my e-mails from NTLWorld; I couldn't do this on my 270.

Paul
    Is there something strange with NTLworld?

All other email servers work with the 270 AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $tho$ $some$ $may$ $require$ $you$ $to$ $use$ $their$ $web$ $interface$ $or$ $pay$ $a$ $premium$ $for$ $doing$ $so$. $Only$ $a$ $few$ $would$ $require$ $a$ $3rd$ $party$ $app$.
    Originally posted by halperin
    Hey Guys.

What is the price the Treo 600 ?

Can it be purchsed as unlocked ?
    If you want one now it's 600 from TreoStore (ouch but worth it)
    less than 500 from Expansys in a week or so, or less than 400 if you sign a one year new contract with Orange, pay up front and wait a month or so for Handspring to unlock it.
    Originally posted by paulf
    Noticed X-Master and Fonthack 123 don't work anymore but I can live with this.
    Hacks are not supported by Palm OS 5 which is why they won't run.