1.    #1  
    Accidentally sync'd my Treo 90 with my Outlook mail...over 3000 emails! How do I delete them without having to do it individually on each email! Help!
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I assume you are using the standard palm inbox application.
    Also, don't know your level of Palm expertise, so forgive if it is over your head or insulting to your intelligence

DO NOT DELETE THEM (the e-mail) FROM YOUR PALM AND THEN SYNC WITHOUT DISABLING THE CONDUIT OR YOU WILL DELETE ALL OUTLOOK E-MAIL!

I thought there was a "select all" feature, but I guess not. SO here are a couple of ideas

Two simple options:

#1 - My brute force simple solution would be to just delete the (Palm) inbox application so you don't do it again. You can always reinstall it later.
    1) Go to applications (on the treo)
    2) Select delete from the drop down
    3) scroll down and select the inbox application (it should be relatively large with 3000 e-mails)

DISABLE THE CONDUIT ON YOUR DESKTOP COMPUTER (see below)

OR

#2 - Go into Outlook and create a new folder (I have mine named "temporary inbox").
    1)Copy your e-mails from the Outlook inbox to this folder
    2) CONFIRM that all of the e-mails successfully copied
    3) Delete the files from your Outlook inbox
    4) Hotsync
    5) Confirm the files are gone off the treo
    6) restore the e-mails into your Outlook in-box
    7) Empty the deleted items in your Outlook deleted items folder so they don't take up a lot of space (if this is not automatic because you have a duplicate set of all 3000 messages in the garbage can now)

DISABLE THE CONDUIT ON YOUR DESKTOP COMPUTER (see below)

DISABLING CONDUIT. Go to hot sync and select custom for the settings, select mail and "change" to "do nothing" and make sure you click "set as default"
    Last edited by jimn367; 09/30/2003 at 10:43 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Jim...tried your suggestion, but when you go to "delete", the email program isn't one of the options. It's listed when you tap "Info" on the same place you get to "Delete", under the clock, but it only displays how much space the program takes up and how many records there are. You can't highlight the app or access a delete button.

The Outlook idea would be fine, but our Outlook resides on our Network...and I can't manipulate the folders like you suggest, our IT has restricted what we can do with Outlook.

Guess I'm stuck doing it by hand...thanks for the try!

And yes, the Conduit is now closed to email!
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Yes Outlook resides on your server, but you should be able to create a personal folder. You should be able to go to File -> New and the bottom selection on that drop down should be personal folders file (.pst). If you are using Outlook2000 you may have to select the double down chevrons from the file menu to get "New" to show up.
    You should be able to create a .pst file on your local hard drive. In that folder you can create your "temporary in box" and do the procedure I mentioned.

Jim