Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Can someone explain to me again what's wrong with http://wireless.tvguide.com?

That's what we have linked at Treo 600 Essentials and I think it's great.
    i think the problem with wireless.tvguide.com is that it is fairly limited in its format.

whatson gives you a grid layout more like the tv listings you see on the guide channel every day and is just as free as tvguide's info

the other one (pocket tv?) seems to have more bells & whistles with searching by channel, program, a find feature, and a few other things, but when all is said and done, costs $10 per year.

Both software packages allow you to choose the channels you want to see listings for, while the second allows you to even add favorite channels once the custom list is chosen

tvguide is fine for those who are casually browsing at the listings, but if a more robust, self-contained package is desired, it isn't really enough

however, yes, it is true, if you are on the go and not able to sync for a while, tvguide would be the easiest option.
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

No there isn't! I just installed the trial period w/o having to pay anything! Make sure you installed the correct version!
    Tried 3 more times. Same result. How long since you installed?
    Originally posted by Xdriver

Tried 3 more times. Same result. How long since you installed?
    I actually installed ptvb yesterday and it said I have 2 free weeks of a trial then $10 annual to continue. Been working fine so far...

You need to make sure you read all the info during the install and sign up for just the free web service at www.guideremote.com
    Nope. I uninstalled everything, started over. Lets me go through registration, then pops up a "buy now" choice screen. Either for the Palm device, or the remote. I close it, hit download on the desktop menu (channel download) and it then pops up another screen telling me I am not registered. I go back to the site and input user and pass, lets me in. Try again to download info, it tells me I am not registered. Tired of playing with it, a TV listings paper comes free with the Sunday newspaper.
    had the samething happen to me . I uninstalled the program off my desktop and then logged in and reinstalled the program has been working fine since
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I had to reinstall as well, to get it working.
    Thanks. I uninstalled, went to the web page, reinstalled and all is working fine now. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by derek985
    Can someone explain to me again what's wrong with http://wireless.tvguide.com?

That's what we have linked at Treo 600 Essentials and I think it's great.
    Tried using tvguide at the weekend, but for some reason it doesn't cover the UK! I don't have a ZIP code
    I believe whatson covers UK so I'll have to try that. Could really do with something that gives me Plus codes as well, any UK users know of a site/program with that functionality?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12