Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Actually, you don't need the Shift. Alt, s, 0, Enter is all you need. So it's only 4 keystrokes.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec
    Actually, you don't need the Shift. Alt, s, 0, Enter is all you need. So it's only 4 keystrokes.
    When I press alt, s, 0, enter, I get:
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Really? The ALT/0 key for me is ALT by default. I only get a 0 if I have numlock on, just like all the other number buttons.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    it took me a while to figure out how to do put a dash as well...now i gotta learn all the french characters

awww mrjoec, your cat is a cuttie man
    Actually its only 3 keystrokes if your typing other things. Hit Opt, s, 0, then you can hit the next letter you want to type after the underscore, or just spacebar.

For example to type "m_m" you hit m, Opt, s, 0, m.

You can also use the Alt to scroll down through the list instead of the 5 way.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Another option if you have Keycap600 is to set:

Hold > option

Thus, you would just have to press and hold the 'S' key and press alt to get undeerscore...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Ok, i have to ask, what's up with your avatar? Friend of yours?
    -------------------------------------------------
    Long time Palmer: Original Palm Pilot > Pilot III > Pilot V > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 755p > Pre
    Hey,

Am I not seeing it or is it not there? How do I create the underscore line when entering text into treo? ie. steve_scott.

Thanks WLV Treo
    press the key under the letter A then press the S key then press the number 0/alt key it will be in the drop down list.
    Hi all, kind of a dumb question but can anyone tell me how to type a "_" without bringing up the keyboard. I'm guessing I can press a key and then press ALT to get to "_" but don't know which key to press. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    dead link
    If you go to Memo Pad, then menu, then keyboard help, you will find this answer as well as 100,s more.
    Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    The minus sign "-", then alt will allow you to type an underscore.
    Thanks jbiedebach!
    yeah, seriously. i needed that answer as well. next time instead of sending us on a witch hunt, why dont you just provide the answer. if you feel you have to "teach us how to fish...", then keep the morality tale to yourself please!
    Quote Originally Posted by spacehog
    yeah, seriously. i needed that answer as well. next time instead of sending us on a witch hunt, why dont you just provide the answer. if you feel you have to "teach us how to fish...", then keep the morality tale to yourself please!
    Sorry..couldn't remember myself and posted my search result link for "underscore". There are a few threads on it. Didn't know the link wouldn't work. Just trying to help.

morality
    This is in the treocentral faq and IIRC the Treo's manual.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    OK, so this may be a really stupid question, but I just got a Treo and I can't for the life of me figure out how to create an underscore. There's one in my e-mail address, so it's actually kind of important. Thanks for any help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast