1.    #1  
    I just had a problem with my hotsync on my TREO 300 and in the course of the fix the Sprint tech had me do some things (export etc.) that resulted in losing some records. Can someone tell me EXACTLY how to backup my address, memo, datebook files. I am thinking maybe I need to create another username and then put all the files under that username so as to be up and running should something happen. I do NOT know how to do that. Is there a way to keep that data on a thumbwheel backup or some such thing? I am a novice.
    The process is very simple. Go to the folder containing the files in question. For instance, the address book might be in something like:

handspring\user_name\address

In that folder copy the address.dat file to something like address.bk1 or the default windoz name thta might be something like "Copy of address.dat"

The steps are thes ame for Memopad and Datebook. There is no reason to create another folder. Since the files are not named the same, they will not be over written. Ben

----------
    Originally posted by jfscars48
    I just had a problem with my hotsync on my TREO 300 and in the course of the fix the Sprint tech had me do some things (export etc.) that resulted in losing some records. Can someone tell me EXACTLY how to backup my address, memo, datebook files. I am thinking maybe I need to create another username and then put all the files under that username so as to be up and running should something happen. I do NOT know how to do that. Is there a way to keep that data on a thumbwheel backup or some such thing? I am a novice.
    I have found the best thing 2 do is 2 get backup buddy. Not all files r backed up when u do a computer/treo sync. But if u have backup buddy, all files r copied perfectly! take care, jay